Thread: Umarex Desert Eagle strip down

Umarex Desert Eagle strip down

Got a Desert Eagle that has a leak inside the valve. Does anyone know if the vertical brass tube can be removed separately from the valve body, it seems to turn either way and stop. Does not seem to be screwed in the main valve body. See pic..

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/T6kRHYD.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Fixed, improved, assembled, done and dusted.

Baz

Well done.
    Underated gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Well done.
    Underated gun.
    Agreed.

How’d you sort the brass tube thing, Baz?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Agreed.

How’d you sort the brass tube thing, Baz?
    I "unscrewed" it to the neutral point where it was loose and squeezed a super glue gel into the joint and tightened it clockwise. I also removed the mesh disc that is supposed to filter the CO2 and replaced it with a 1 mm thick polyurethane flat washer with a single hole in it. This seemed to be a potential leak point if the main doughnut seal for the capsule is not fitting tight enough around its circumference. I also inserted a steel pin through the slide stop to reinforce it as it seems a fragile tiny plastic square. The next Eagle I get, will do a strip guide as there does not seem to be one on the net. Quirky little things like the eliptical section shape plastic rod that needs to be bent up to allow the pistol to be stripped. As said these pistols are good little performers.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/uex4C1B.jpg
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 04-02-2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Add pic

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I "unscrewed" it to the neutral point where it was loose and squeezed a super glue gel into the joint and tightened it clockwise. I also removed the mesh disc that is supposed to filter the CO2 and replaced it with a 1 mm thick polyurethane flat washer with a single hole in it. This seemed to be a potential leak point if the main doughnut seal for the capsule is not fitting tight enough around its circumference. I also inserted a steel pin through the slide stop to reinforce it as it seems a fragile tiny plastic square. The next Eagle I get, will do a strip guide as there does not seem to be one on the net. Quirky little things like the eliptical section shape plastic rod that needs to be bent up to allow the pistol to be stripped. As said these pistols are good little performers.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/uex4C1B.jpg
    That would be great. Always good to add to the sum of human knowledge.