Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prescription lenses for shooting glassea

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    The sphere is the degree of magnification, whether near or distance. Less is required for distance focussing, more for reading and somewhere between for pistol, desktop computer etc..

If you have astigmatism, your eyes produce a "squerged" image, (a square becomes a parallelogram), but for mild cases, the brain corrects this. The cylinder, tilted at an angle, feeds a corrected image to the brain and this correction is the same for both close-up or distance. When you first get astig. corrected glasses, because they over-ride your brain, you tend initially to get a squerged image and may, like me, take the glasses back saying they are wrong! After a couple of days, your brain re-adjusts to the now correct image it is receiving.

Prism, I do not really understand, but I think it is correction for cross-eyes.
    Got it.

I've got astigmatisms in both eyes.

Me too, mild in the left and more pronounced in the right.

Just fitted one of the new lenses yesterday and have a marked improvement in my shooting already.
    The sight image with the two year old prescription was good, I thought! How wrong!!

A few years back I had a PB of 94 and averaged 87.5 over 100 rounds. This deteriorated with my eyes until I was hard pushed to score an 80!
    Hopefully I'm now on the road to improvement after a couple of 87s last night!

At only £15 a pair, it's worth trying a few strengths of lens.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Me too, mild in the left and more pronounced in the right.

Just fitted one of the new lenses yesterday and have a marked improvement in my shooting already.
    The sight image with the two year old prescription was good, I thought! How wrong!!

A few years back I had a PB of 94 and averaged 87.5 over 100 rounds. This deteriorated with my eyes until I was hard pushed to score an 80!
    Hopefully I'm now on the road to improvement after a couple of 87s last night!

At only £15 a pair, it's worth trying a few strengths of lens.
    Did you get tinted or plain, Derek?

Sorry for the delay Alan, been in Aberdeen for the weekend.

My lenses are plain, for 10m pistol. I think tints are £10 a pair extra.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.