Thread: Intershoot International Competition

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Intershoot International Competition

For those who are interested in 10 mt shooting , and even working to be better, they may be interested in the Competition taking place yesterday, today, and tomorrow, in The Hague, Netherlands, you can follow it on www.intershoot.nl and watch on "Live" and see the targets shot by shot.

There is a web cam, but I can never get access to it.

But on "Live" you can follow the progress of the GB shooters. I'm more exhausted following our club junior, than if I was shooting!

The standard is very high, my wife won medals in 1980 as a member of the GB Ladies Air rifle team there, with scores that would be propping up the end of the score sheets today, admittedly that was in the days of FWB 300's, and she was the sole shooter with an Original 75 there!

High point for me yesterday was an Indian Lady air rifle shooter who shot 600 ex 600 (integer) and 633.0 metric, which was 0.3 off the World record!

And, Swedish pistol shooter Ragnar Skanaker propping up the rear of the men's pistol lists, when I shot pistol there in 1980, Ragnar won, yes he is now 85!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    For those who are interested in 10 mt shooting , and even working to be better, they may be interested in the Competition taking place yesterday, today, and tomorrow, in The Hague, Netherlands, you can follow it on www.intershoot.nl and watch on "Live" and see the targets shot by shot.

There is a web cam, but I can never get access to it.

But on "Live" you can follow the progress of the GB shooters. I'm more exhausted following our club junior, than if I was shooting!

The standard is very high, my wife won medals in 1980 as a member of the GB Ladies Air rifle team there, with scores that would be propping up the end of the score sheets today, admittedly that was in the days of FWB 300's, and she was the sole shooter with an Original 75 there!

High point for me yesterday was an Indian Lady air rifle shooter who shot 600 ex 600 (integer) and 633.0 metric, which was 0.3 off the World record!

And, Swedish pistol shooter Ragnar Skanaker propping up the rear of the men's pistol lists, when I shot pistol there in 1980, Ragnar won, yes he is now 85!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Many a good tune played on an old fiddle Robin
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

633.. 10.5+ average

10.0-10.9 is 4.5mm across plus 0.5mm for the dot... but lets call it 4.5mm cos the maths is easier... so each 0.1 is equivalent to 0.5mm so 10.5 average means each shot is on average 2mm off the bull, at 10m, 60 shots on the trot.

That's some going. Almost hard to do that and be 0.3 off the world record...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

A record?

And how this for a record?

One of our club Junior Ladies, Olivia Hill has this morning won a silver medal as a member of the GB Junior Ladies team! Her first international medal!

39 Years ago Pam Carter won a silver medal also at Intershoot, as a member of the GB Ladies team! Her first international medal!

Both members of Norwich City Target Club!

The club is very proud.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Nice. Seems like the Brits are making their way towards the top over there a bit more now.