Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with the Combro CB625 Chronograph Mk IV?

Experience with the Combro CB625 Chronograph Mk IV?

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Combro CB625 Air Rifle Chronograph Mk IV. Anyone here have any experience with it, what's your view?

Seems to get a decent review ratings and is reasonably priced compared to others.

Had mine a good few years - easy to use and user friendly and despite what some say you can (with a little ingenuity and some cable ties) mount it to pretty much most guns, I've even used it on Webley Seniors/Juniors.

Best thing is the back up - shoot it/break a bit (most of us do at some time!) and pop it back to the owner and for a very reasonable fee it will come back good as new.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Had mine a good few years - easy to use and user friendly and despite what some say you can (with a little ingenuity and some cable ties) mount it to pretty much most guns, I've even used it on Webley Seniors/Juniors.

Best thing is the back up - shoot it/break a bit (most of us do at some time!) and pop it back to the owner and for a very reasonable fee it will come back good as new.
    Thanks for the reply felix gunner. How accurate have you found the readings? Have you measured with the combro then had a shop/club chrony measure up to compare?

Had one for the last few years, no problems whatsoever. Great value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubster View Post
    Had one for the last few years, no problems whatsoever. Great value for money.
    Brill, cheers chubster. I just might have to bite the pellet and get one ....... sorry, I just couldn't resist the bad pun!

Quote Originally Posted by mrben2475 View Post
    Thanks for the reply felix gunner. How accurate have you found the readings? Have you measured with the combro then had a shop/club chrony measure up to compare?
    Not compared but check back with a search for other opinions - must have been dozens of topics on Combros over the years.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Had one of the Mk4 for years, also got a mark 2, readings are within a few fps of the ProChrono I have (but which is right?)

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Had one of the Mk4 for years, also got a mark 2, readings are within a few fps of the ProChrono I have (but which is right?)
    Very true .....which is right!? ....... I suppose as long as you've a 2fps buffer of the legal limit then all is well. The Combro is in the basket

My Combro is one of my favourite shooting toys (but I am a sad git)
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've had one for about 4 years and Chrono'd dozens of guns with it - and never shot it! Amazing what a bit of care can do!

I've been looking at several Chronos lately just as a bit of an interest and for £50 it's hard to beat these, and the customer service is excellent.

I lso bought the cable and software to put on an android phone, so I can get full print outs, graphs and chrono strings.

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by mrben2475 View Post
    Very true .....which is right!? ....... I suppose as long as you've a 2fps buffer of the legal limit then all is well. The Combro is in the basket
    I tend to run with a few more than 2 fps to 'play' with before the 11.9999999, typically, I tend to tune to 11.6 at the most - the stuff I shoot don't complain - I've never heard of tin chickens & paper putting up a shout anyway

combro

Hi bud,
    ive had my combro for a few years now,works great but make sure the 4 x batteries are good,you don't tilt the gun and its better in natural light,cheers Marky

The combro is excellent and does not suffer the same light issues as.a.lot.of pro chronos as it is breaking an infra red beam. These can be replaced. Robin Hewitt will also do a little insert that means you dont have to press reset each time. Handy.
    Get the bore alignment tube .... safest way to use.
    It isnt so keen on spring guns...but on PCPs its blindingly good.
    You are confusing FPS with FPE. The gun should be set up to run at about 11.5 FPE but the true level is down to you. Bear in mind that the pellet weight and even things like head size CAN affect the power output between ultra lite and ultra heavy.
    The Combro is good but its pretty much limited to pcp airguns imho. But it fits into a pocket and can be taken anywhere.
    Thoroughly recommend Combro
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Wouldn't be without one. All springers here.

Works fine with CO2 as well- just pop a bit of paper between muzzle and Combro if you haven't got a mod on the gun