Thread: Big full Sacks !! 😯

Big full Sacks !! 😯

As the title. What do you fill your Rifle Bags/Sacks/Rests with. Is rice best thing?
    Thanks

It depends on what weight you require I use glue pellets as they don't absorb moisture and no dust and they are free
    Most use rice but I have seen sand used this is a bad idea as the dust and particles get into the action of the gun and can cause corrosion too if you carry your rests out and About use the polystyrene balls which are in bean bags or shooting cushions

Plastic BB's, inert, don't adsorb moisture & a bit more solid than polystyrene.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Plastic BB's, inert, don't adsorb moisture & a bit more solid than polystyrene.
    THIS ALL DAY LONG.
    Cat litter is - quite literally shit as well as dustly like sand.
    Rice if you want it to rot when wet
    another one not usually mentioned are the weights used by cooks to make blind pastry but very expensive.

NOTHING beats plastic beads unless you want extreme weight.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT USE POLYSTYRENE BALLS.... if you value your sanity!

The friggin' things are staticaly charged and go off in all bleedin' directions apart from the intended one...and they are a complete faff trying to clear up afterwards.... Just say NO to the beads.

Plastic BBs are the way to go. Since you only need the cheapest you can find they're easily the best.
    I picked up 10,000 in packs of 1000 for 40p a pack. Cant remember where from but most likely JR.

Done mines with packaging chip: not good, too light and too soft. 2nd best to rabbit poo
    Tempted by BB's

Rice eats holes in bags. I've got 4 or 5 rice bags, most have a hole in somewhere due to the rice trying to escape, the only one that's survived so far is the big fat bag with 11kg of rice in, and the only reason that's survived is it's so heavy nobody wants to use it. I'm using up the ones I already have but I won't be using rice in my next set of bags.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    I used rice mostly because it was £2.40 for 6 kilo

I used sand because there was plenty available at the time. It holds its shape, is heavy and doesn't rot. I spread a layer on a dinner plate and put it in a microwave oven for a couple of minutes to dry it thoroughly before applying it through the ridiculously small fill hole on the bag!

Chris

Aquarium Gravel - Very stable, adjustable, cheap to buy, dust free. Weighs around 6kg in a normal sized bag.
    Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top - Air Arms Alfa Pro J

Rice

Hi there,
    I use rice in mine [works great]and haven't had any leaks yet,plus its very easy to get hold of,cheers Marky