Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan Vectis lever-action PCP

Hatsan Vectis lever-action PCP

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...peater-part-1/

So what do we all make of this?

Yes, I know it looks horrible and seems to have a muzzle brake from a .50 BMG on it, among other visual horrors.

But inexpensive, short, lightweight, FAC power, fast-firing.

I mean, obviously I am into springers, wood stocks, blueing.. And this looks like something the Space Marines (2nd Regiment of Walts) would use. So it’s not for me. But it’s still interesting.

Spray it orange and white and it would be mistaken for a nerf gun.

A great concept, and if the action proves reliable I hope they use it on something better looking.

I wonder how cheap it would be if it ever goes on sale here? £250 and I would take a punt. £300 and I would consider it if it received good reviews from real world shooters. Over that and I would definitely be out. I bet it's price point would be £400+ here.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Vile.
    But interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Vile.
    But interesting.
    My thoughts as well
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Hatsan

Looks a good ratter and all weather hunter.
    I'd use it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up

I agree, you can't beat a nice bit of walnut and some blued steel but, you've got to commend Hatsan - they seem to be trying lots of new things at the moment​.

All of the above.

Not even if hatsan paid me to shoot it.

Having said that, each to their own. But its deffo not for me

Chris

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...peater-part-2/

So, £300ish (in the US), 36 ft-lbs, trigger pull under 4lbs.

This is, I’m afraid, a big bit of the future of airguns. Inexpensive (often ugly) powerful stuff made for the no power limit US market.

The last air rifles I can think of that were of any interest and best at around 12ft-lbs were the Longbow (2002), the Titan Mohawk (1990s, but limited to sub-12 by physics more than design intent) and the HW99 (1990s? But, again, physics, not deliberate design for the U.K.).

I really like the look of it but then I love tactical looking guns and have always wanted a lever action but don't like wood or blued steel, I'm matte black and polymer all the time with over 60 guns in that format. I can't find one of these in stock though, have they still not been released over here (UK) or have they sold out?

Not sure if these will be imported into the uk.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Senec...Air_Rifle/4952

Set in Sepatia (Indonesian Walnut) stocks, these handsome-looking PCPs are powered by a 460cc air tank for up to 35 shots per fill in .22 cal and 25 shots in .25 cal on max power. If you prefer to conserve air, dial the adjustable power wheel down to get more shots per fill. It is available in 10-shot, .22- and 8-shot, 25-caliber versions.
    Last edited by bighit; 18-12-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    ohh, I like the eagle claw (well, not the name).. Like a cross between a Parker Hale Phoenix, and a Career carbine.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    ohh, I like the eagle claw (well, not the name).. Like a cross between a Parker Hale Phoenix, and a Career carbine.
    For me, the hump in the forend is ugley, why not free float the barrel, and the exposed filler vlave ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    For me, the hump in the forend is ugley, why not free float the barrel, and the exposed filler vlave ?
    don't mind the woodwork, but I figured the picture just omitted the filler cap ? If not, then that's a silly omission on their part, but easy enough to make / adapt one.
    ALso, I figured that barrel is actually a shroud ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It's different, but in a world that already has the Parker Hale Phoenix I'm not sure what type of buyer it would attract
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It's different, but in a world that already has the Parker Hale Phoenix I'm not sure what type of buyer it would attract
    one with half the amount of spare cash, or who wants FAC...