Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your favourite vintage springer advert

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

What was your favourite vintage springer advert

I can remember looking at this advert more than once back then I was fascinated by the ad.

Anyone have or still a favourite advert ?

and some .177 pellets will exceed the speed of soundthe good old days

Where did it all go wrong?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Wasn't there an article in one of the airgun magz in the '80s where the author was seen in a photo shooting with open sights with a Webley Tracker (?) without the rear sight?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The fwb sport adverts !!
    I always thought " " until I shot one

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quite recent (mid naughties), but I always LOVED the advert for the proper Brum-Built British Webley & Scott Longbow ... Has a lot to do with why I covet mine so much?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The BSA Buccaneer advert with the lady.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The BSA Buccaneer advert with the lady.
    The Milbro Diana advert with the lady with the ludicrous tag line which was something riffing on that awful song if I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me.

The consumer good she was being associated with was a Diana G80, Scotland's finest bunny-basher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Also, the one with the chimp shooting pop bottles with a BSA Airsporter - it is shown cocking it with its feet.

Adverts

The Patriot showed up when I was on a little sabbatical from the airguns.I nearly choked learning that a springer had been pushed to 30 ft llbs whilst I was away.
    One strap line that captured my imagination back in the day was Webley Vulcan, as powerful as the law allows. Simple, but effective.
    I've said before that the Optima adverts for the HW series of airguns was a very creative bit of marketing. I fully believed that the extra two inches of 35E barrel really would make me a stone cold killer of bunnies out to goodness knows what range 😂😂😂.
    Ahhh, them were days....
    Dave

The BSA rifle brochure in the seventies,claiming an effective range of 60 yards for the .22 Airsporter and Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    The BSA rifle brochure in the seventies,claiming an effective range of 60 yards for the .22 Airsporter and Mercury
    As far as I remember a BSA Airsporter of that era, with the standard 3/4" tube 4x20 sight and BSA Pylarm pellets could do a group of about 40 mm at 30 yards. So at 60, that would be a group of about 80-100 mm. This would mean that you could hit a Newcastle Brown beer can - the standard airgun target in those days - most times at 60 yards, and blame the misses on the wind.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    ...and blame the misses on the wind.
    …these days I blame the wind on my missus...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Not exactly a pape ''advert '' but a tv commercial,
    unless I am mistaken ,in the late 70's I'm sure there was an commercial for BSA Airguns on telly.
    If not it was all a dream.:-?)
    Anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Milbro Diana advert with the lady with the ludicrous tag line which was something riffing on that awful song if I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me.

The consumer good she was being associated with was a Diana G80, Scotland's finest bunny-basher.
    Plus 1!

John