Thread: Heat shrink.

Heat shrink.

I'm really enjoying shooting my FWB 300S at the moment, and a lovely thing it is. I bought it last year as a one owner from new well cared for example that seems to have had only light use. The metalwork is in lovely order and I intend to keep it that way as much as possible. I've probably put about a 1000 pellets through it but got thinking about wear and also grip on the cocking lever.

Has anyone put shrink wrap on the grip / pull area of their cocking lever ? I thought of the textured type for grip and protection of the metal , anyone with a FWB would know just the area where the lever kinks at the top would suffice.

Maybe people have used it on under lever or break barrels as well ?

I'd like to obtain a good quality product that's textured and sized correctly.

Anyone done this or bought good grippy shrink tubing ?

FXL5

Heat shrink is often used on fishing rods for a handle so tackle shops, or on line.

If you put heat shrink onto metal you should get the metal nice and warm to begin with or you may have difficulty getting it to shrink evenly. Better still if you can place the object in an oven and allow it to heat up, you may need to fiddle with the temperature as not all tubes shrink at the same rate.

Bb

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    If you put heat shrink onto metal you should get the metal nice and warm to begin with or you may have difficulty getting it to shrink evenly. Better still if you can place the object in an oven and allow it to heat up, you may need to fiddle with the temperature as not all tubes shrink at the same rate.

Bb
    If anyone even thinks about putting a Feinwerkbau in an oven, the Uberluftdrukkenpolizei are called and it will be taken into protective custody.

Just use a lightly-oiled glove when cocking the poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post

Bb
    Well I can hand on heart say I've never heard that one before
    It's the rubber tube that shrinks, it doesn't take much heat, a hair dryer will do it.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    If you do go down the heat shrink route, make certain that it never gets wet. Water will get under it and destroy your bluing without you ever knowing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well I can hand on heart say I've never heard that one before
    It's the rubber tube that shrinks, it doesn't take much heat, a hair dryer will do it.
    It shrinks more evenly if the thing it's shrinking against doesn't keep cooling it down. Some types of heat shrink have an adhesive liner which might not be activated if the metal is cold.

You only need to play the hairdryer over the metal part for a minute or so to make it warm to the touch before introducing the heat shrink, you don't want it hot enough to activate the heat shrink by itself.

Some types of heat shrink have an adhesive liner
    That's what I would recommend on a handle or lever that gets used a lot.