Thread: Steyr to Air arms.

BigEars Guest

Steyr to Air arms.

Hi . I'm currently reviewing the costs of having my own air cylinder. The club cylinders are all fitted with an old style air arms female adaptor. Will the filler probe for my lp 10 just screw into the threaded part of an air arms male connector or is an additional adaptor, seals or washer required in between?

Thanks for any help.

The standard Steyr filling adapter may not be long enough to seal in the air cylinder valve directly.
    The simplest way is to get a DIN to 1/8 BSP adapter - something like this:-
    https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...e-18-bsp-male/
    Just connect it to the end of the filling hose.
    Hope this helps.
    sj

Adapter

2 0r 3 1/4 bsp dowty seals poke in valve then screw in adapter job done
    ive been doing this for 20years + no problem

BigEars Guest
    Thanks guys, Sorry I didn't make it clear I have a Steyr Filler with a 1/8 BSP thread.

Are you asking is if the AA female has a 1/8th BSP thread, so you can unscrew it and screw your Steyr probe on?

It probably will have.

But it might be a lot easier to buy a male and screw your Steyr probe into that.

The only catch is if the AA has a pip or not, so you'll need the corresponding male.

Bestfittings is the place to see all the various parts.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Are you asking is if the AA female has a 1/8th BSP thread, so you can unscrew it and screw your Steyr probe on?

It probably will have.

But it might be a lot easier to buy a male and screw your Steyr probe into that.

The only catch is if the AA has a pip or not, so you'll need the corresponding male.

Bestfittings is the place to see all the various parts.
    Thanks for that.
    It's the connection between the male AA and the threaded part of the steyr filler I'm talking about. Will I get away with just screwing it in or will I need a washer or o ring to get a seal?

Or just keep your current cylinder. If you sell it you will most likely be making a loss, if you have to purchase any adapter this will make it worse.
    Most importantly, two things to take into consideration :-
    If you keep it you may never use it again.
    If you sell it, I guarantee there will be a time that you need it and you will kick yourself for getting rid.

Cheers
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Or just keep your current cylinder. If you sell it you will most likely be making a loss, if you have to purchase any adapter this will make it worse.
    Most importantly, two things to take into consideration :-
    If you keep it you may never use it again.
    If you sell it, I guarantee there will be a time that you need it and you will kick yourself for getting rid.

Cheers
    Chris
    That's all i needed! How about l kick myself now and keep the cylinder?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    That's all i needed! How about l kick myself now and keep the cylinder?
    It's probably the cheapest option

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Thanks for that.
    It's the connection between the male AA and the threaded part of the steyr filler I'm talking about. Will I get away with just screwing it in or will I need a washer or o ring to get a seal?
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, a 1/8 BSP Dowty seal should do the trick.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, a 1/8 BSP Dowty seal should do the trick.
    Thank you.