Thread: Springer repeater or single shot? Military style, Umarex Colt M4? Gamo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Max,

I love the Umarex M4 - top performance from a top looker. A generation ahead of the Gamos and Jackals I grew up with.

I've pictured one in my regular Airgun World column, in the March issue.

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Max,

I love the Umarex M4 - top performance from a top looker. A generation ahead of the Gamos and Jackals I grew up with.

I've pictured one in my regular Airgun World column, in the March issue.

Kind regards,

John
    Umarex and Jackals - a generation ahead John?.... Both springers in polymer stocks, different looks maybe - but hardly a generation apart unless a picatinny rail is a quantum leap forward

BTW I've also owned Crosman's MTR77 with a gas ram and that was a step backwards despite the gas ram technology...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Umarex and Jackals - a generation ahead John?.... Both springers in polymer stocks, different looks maybe - but hardly a generation apart unless a picatinny rail is a quantum leap forward

BTW I've also owned Crosman's MTR77 with a gas ram and that was a step backwards despite the gas ram technology...
    Way ahead IMHO Harvey,

The Umarex is far more realistic, less spring resonance and vibration through the stock upon firing, a far better trigger, better quality open sights and rails to mount a plethora of accessories on.

I also think the MTR77 is a lot more realistic and accurate too, although the trigger leaves a lot to be desired!

And I like Jackals

Kind regards,

John