Thread: Grip paste

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grip paste.

I have used many different types of product for modifying grips.
    Personally I find Milliput is the easiest to use, either the standard or superfine, I prefer it to other types of epoxy resin fillers because you can use a damp cloth or small brush to blend the edges. I don’t know of another product that allows you to use water in this way. It is also much firmer when mixed, which allows you to shape it by gripping the pistol grip with a wetted hand. It takes a bit longer to set, but this can be speeded up by placing the grip on a radiator or in a warm oven – warm not hot!

The section on Grip modification on this website is quite helpful:

Pistol-shooting.com

By Allan Lozsan

There is also some very good advice for keen pistol shooters in a series of notes by the late Don Nygord.

http://www.australiancynic.com/NYGORD.htm
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Yorkiets,

I tend to use whatever automotive body filler I have on hand at the time.

I did make the mistake once of using some spare Devcon Titanium I had - that was a right sod to file & sand

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

B&Q

I was in B&Q recently and they sell a molding putty that allegedly sets slightly "rubbery".
    In a pull-off card on one of the shelf supports. About £10 if I remember correctly.

Anyone tried Sugru to modify grips?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    I was in B&Q recently and they sell a molding putty that allegedly sets slightly "rubbery".
    In a pull-off card on one of the shelf supports. About £10 if I remember correctly.
    Sugru, maybe?

Has anyone tried using polymorph? Comes as small plastic pellets, put them into hot water and it fuses into a plastic putty you can mold as long as it is hot. Quite hard wearing when dry, has the consistency of solid nylon, but it can be melted and re-used if needed.
    Good deals with these members

Used polymorph a lot in the past but it sometimes does not hold on the grip, feels slimy in the summer is not much fun to grind down and alter, very small window of moulding opportunity as it can cool rapidly, is quite heavy if a lot is used but is firmer and does not squidge out as some polyester filler can but I like that easy flowing property myself. Try it you may like it but I no longer use it in this context.