Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New jsb Hades pellets

New jsb Hades pellets

Hi all,
    Just watched a couple of YouTube videos re the new jsb Hades pellets that are coming out in March in .22 cal.
    They look like they are going to be a great hunting pellet,can't wait to get my hands on some ,have a look,cheers Marky

Ought to be ok at FAC power but I doubt they'll be frangible at sub 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky t View Post
    Hi all,
    Just watched a couple of YouTube videos re the new jsb Hades pellets that are coming out in March in .22 cal.
    They look like they are going to be a great hunting pellet,can't wait to get my hands on some ,have a look,cheers Marky
    Do you know what weight there are please
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

Think they are 15.89 bud.

I wish jsb would make a 10-11 grn .20 diablo or jsb heavy barrel style dome....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I wish jsb would make a 10-11 grn .20 diablo or jsb heavy barrel style dome....
    Totally agree an "RS" exact in .20 @10-11gn & .25 @18-20gn should fly off the shelves.

Mind I've just ordered some of the .25 lead free 16gn to try so fingers crossed for them.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Mind I've just ordered some of the .25 lead free 16gn to try so fingers crossed for them.
    Where did you find them?

Where these the ones we've been trying to get for ages?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Where did you find them?

Where these the ones we've been trying to get for ages?

Pete
    Yes they're the ones.

They're on the bay £14.85 from "Voymir" which is who I usually buy my kings from,

I had found them from a German seller & was just writing a post offering to do a bulk buy & decided to check the bay one last time , by the time I add post from Germany & then UK post on top, to send them on, it's only pence different.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Yes they're the ones.

They're on the bay £14.85 from "Voymir" which is who I usually buy my kings from,

I had found them from a German seller & was just writing a post offering to do a bulk buy & decided to check the bay one last time , by the time I add post from Germany & then UK post on top, to send them on, it's only pence different.
    That's handy as I get my pellets from Voymir as well, I'll check his site and may get some to try, hopefully they are accurate enough in my BSA barrel.

Thanks for the heads up

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I tested the .22 Hades today in my AA200 sub 12 ftlbs. Very pleased with the grouping at 25m.
    Bought here for 10 € https://jsb-diabolos.de/?414,jsb-hades-5-5-500&sLang=en

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Ought to be ok at FAC power but I doubt they'll be frangible at sub 12.
    from the tests in this months AGW, they seem to expand quite nicely at 25m when shot from a sub 12 gun...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

BC for the JSB Hades?

I tried these out for the first time yesterday evening and fist impressions re. consistency and accuracy were positive.

I shot 2 x 10-shot strings: one over the chrono and the other on a target at 66 yds. The first string gave me a 9 fps ES with an AV of 905 fps (FAC Daystate Mk4is). The second produced a 0.55" group at 66 yds in a 3 mph half-value wind.

I'm doing a lot of corvid shooting at the moment and have been using Air Arms Field Plus with good success (and very solid impacts), so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Hades with their unique head design and 55 fps velocity advantage compare against such a strong benchmark.

I hope to map the trajectory out properly this weekend, and to see if the 0.031 BC quoted for the JSB Diabolo Exact Jumbos (which at 15.89 gn have the same weight and basic shape as the Hades) seems to fit.

This brings me to the main purpose of my post:

Has anyone here seen an actual BC for the Hades quoted anywhere?

I have been using Air Arms Diabolo Field through big girl but thought i'd try Hades out of interest. I picked up a tin at Pellpax this week at a whopping great £14.99 ! I must be mad.....

They look nice quality as you'd expect from a JSB product, very uniform I didn't find and sign of damage and they were a nice snug fit in the 80's barrel.

I had five shots over the chrony and got these readings:

Gun: Weihrauch HW80k Tinbum

Pellet: JSB Hades Diabolo

1. 573fps 11.60 ft lbs
    2. 578 11.79
    3. 575 11.66
    4. 575 11.66
    5. 577 11.76

I'll put a target up down range for a bit of accuracy testing when i get a bit more time.

Hades was the Greek God of the dead so these ought to do the job in the field !

The Hades work out at 3p/shot. If I go after the corvids with a 12g it costs me 35p/shot, and if I were to snipe at them on the fields with a centrefire it would cost me £1.75/shot with factory ammo.

In that context these well-made, accurate pellets don't seem expensive at all, especially as my kill rate with the air rifle is around 90%, vs. 60% with the shotgun, and as I'll get many times more kills per hour when hunting with the air rifle than I ever can with the centrefire, making the pest control more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    I have been using Air Arms Diabolo Field through big girl but thought i'd try Hades out of interest. I picked up a tin at Pellpax this week at a whopping great £14.99 ! I must be mad.....

They look nice quality as you'd expect from a JSB product, very uniform I didn't find and sign of damage and they were a nice snug fit in the 80's barrel.

I had five shots over the chrony and got these readings:

Gun: Weihrauch HW80k Tinbum

Pellet: JSB Hades Diabolo

1. 573fps 11.60 ft lbs
    2. 578 11.79
    3. 575 11.66
    4. 575 11.66
    5. 577 11.76

I'll put a target up down range for a bit of accuracy testing when i get a bit more time.

Hades was the Greek God of the dead so these ought to do the job in the field !

Apologies for the slight thread de-railment, but that's a very handsome '80 there, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!