Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New jsb Hades pellets

Mr Gain,
    glad to hear they work for you but you're using them FAC so that's to be expected,
    re your BC question I'd be inclined to think they'll be more like the H&N extreme 0.0263, than the smooth dome exact at 0.0310, have you asked JSB for their figure?
    Brickhill
    With respect chronoing needs 50 shots not 5

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Apologies for the slight thread de-railment, but that's a very handsome '80 there, sir.
    Why thank you kindly Tony !

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Mr Gain,
    glad to hear they work for you but you're using them FAC so that's to be expected,
    re your BC question I'd be inclined to think they'll be more like the H&N extreme 0.0263, than the smooth dome exact at 0.0310, have you asked JSB for their figure?
    Brickhill
    With respect chronoing needs 50 shots not 5
    It was intended as a "snap shot” just to get an impression. Sorry I didn’t have the time today for a more prolonged session with the chrono.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Apologies for the slight thread de-railment, but that's a very handsome '80 there, sir.
    That stock is superb, reminds me of those late FWB300SUs.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    That stock is superb, reminds me of those late FWB300SUs.
    Many thanks riku. It's a CS500. You can get them in different flavours: https://www.customstock.co.uk/produc...r-rifle-stock/

It's heavy though but suits me.

I grabbed a few minutes for a few more shots with the .22 Hades. Slapped a sticky target on a sawn off tree trunk and the rangefinder said 24 metres. Used the same zero as for AA Field Diabolo.
    Shot from a bag on the bonnet of my motor car. There are ten shots in this group.

Results show the Hades are pretty good out of this gun. Gun: Weihrauch HW80k Tinbum tuned.

Any opinions please?

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    Good god Radioactive pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    I grabbed a few minutes for a few more shots with the .22 Hades. Slapped a sticky target on a sawn off tree trunk and the rangefinder said 24 metres. Used the same zero as for AA Field Diabolo.
    Shot from a bag on the bonnet of my motor car. There are ten shots in this group.

Results show the Hades are pretty good out of this gun. Gun: Weihrauch HW80k Tinbum tuned.

Any opinions please?

Fine shooting with an 80, better than I am with my old Webley Mk3 at half the distance .

I tried the H&N extremes in my FAC rapid and found them rather poor, PCP, pellet fussy tackdriver- ect-yawn I'd expect that or better at 70yds.

The radioactive dimple kinda puts me off:like the extremes as a fraction less up front means more weight at the back.

I'd be inclined to think they'll be more like the H&N extreme 0.0263, than the smooth dome exact at 0.0310.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try checking the trajectory against that BC too.

Have you asked JSB for their figure?:
    Clearly not. But it's a very good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I wish jsb would make a 10-11 grn .20 diablo or jsb heavy barrel style dome....
    The 13.7 grain JSB heavy in .20 I've found to be really good. OK they are better from an FAC rifle where they are my first choice but also good at legal limit if the 11.4 grain FTT for some reason don't suit the barrel..
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.