Thread: Some questions about collectors and their collections

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice, never heard of a ninrod have got a black fox which is fugly but like you say technically interesting!!! Same as the gamekeepers and the skans of the same era

Unhappy Amazing collection

Never see anything like this in NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Never see anything like this in NZ!
    Sounds like another reason to visit NZ to me...

I remember the day when I completed a basic type collection of the Crosman models (with a couple of rare examples) and found it rather depressing. What now? What's left? I then realized that after accumulating over 100 different guns, I only had a small handful of paper (manuals, catalogs, etc.) That's when I turned my focus to airgun paper. Have never looked back.

My collecting of air rifles really has to stop soon, I give it another 20 years and hopefully I will have enough by then!! Early Theobens really float my boat, the build quality as Guy says was superb straight from the factory. My SLR's are just wonderful. They are so good I don't believe that there was any kind of movement to try and make them better. So you can pi k them up exactly as they left the factory. Weihrauchs are the polar opposite, great guns but a whole industry set up to make them better. I have been collecting heavily customised versions that are also brilliant. I now have Venoms, Vixens, Kestocks and other 80's and 90's tuned and customised rifles that take the rifles to the next level. This week I bought a Birmingham Walnut venomised...Longbow with the correct period scope....now that's also a challenge to go with the rifle collecting. My first real dabble with Webleys and I love how light and well made it is, but the best thing is how smooth and accurate it is in .177. The other was a SS80 from 1999, a HW80 fully Venom worked with the walnut Gary Caine stock, it blows me away how good it is.