It’s kind of a mixed bag: there are a few guns I have several examples, like Garvin I continue to buy them thinking I’m upgrading but never sell. Sometime the opportunity just presents itself, got 3 Haenel-R that came to me in 6 months and haven’t seen one since. I like collecting variations of the same pistol say with Webley pistols. I tend to shy away from multiples on rifles but Crosman 101-2 are a bit of a exception, hard to resist if they are cheap and in great condition and in the US they are cheap. And still see variations in them.

On your question of investment I do make sure I buy it right. I will not chase a gun on price beyond worth and mostly buy when they are good deals. I really can enjoy a gun more if I know I got a good deal. I also concentrate on guns in great condition, I think they will hold their value better. I like the idea of experiencing a vintage gun just as the buyer did back in the day. I don’t look at my collection as a profit maker but I do think of it as a store of value.

I shoot everthing not all of the all the time but I will not buy a gun that does shoot well. Love time in the back yard sighting in guns and comparing the performance from different models and eras.