Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW95 spring guide. Tight or loose?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Thank you, Tony. Going out for lunch later

Also, bought a combro last night. At £49.95 direct from Robin including postage, it’s a no brainer.
    Happy Birthday! Well done on the combro, I need a link for that for the amount of times I'm asked to guess what power peoples rifles are. It would save me a lot of typing!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef

Combro came today so I’ve had a fettle.

There was about 25mm of preload and it was doing 795/800 with JSB’s which is a little close to the limit for me. I removed the top hat and slip washer provided by Nick which took it down to 750 +/-5fps which I thought a shade low. I trimmed a smidge off the thickness of the top hat using my wood lathe and along with a very slim washer it now produces 775 +- 5fps.

It’s very easy to cock and is incredibly smooth but I feel there is quite a bit of felt recoil. I’m not sure how to proceed with reducing that so for now I’ll leave it alone I think.

Mmmmm.......reducing recoil, eh?

To be fair, Steve, you could run round and round in circles and lose direction. There are many things that you COULD do, like reducing the stroke (Nick's head extensions provide a very cost effective means of doing this), lightening the piston, trying different springs, play with transfer port sizes etc etc.

Personally, for now, I'd say leaving alone, letting everything bed-in and ALLOWING YOURSELF to get used to the feel, the shot cycle, different holds etc might be the best policy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Personally, for now, I'd say leaving alone, letting everything bed-in and ALLOWING YOURSELF to get used to the feel, the shot cycle, different holds etc might be the best policy.
    You may look daft, but that does make sense!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    You may look daft, but that does make sense!
    I look even dafter since the last time we met Nick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmmm.......reducing recoil, eh?

To be fair, Steve, you could run round and round in circles and lose direction. There are many things that you COULD do, like reducing the stroke (Nick's head extensions provide a very cost effective means of doing this), lightening the piston, trying different springs, play with transfer port sizes etc etc.

Sage advice. I’ll hopefully get to the club this Friday as the kids are off school and my plinking range is their playground.

It’s like night and day with the smoothness, the twang has gone and it’s a shade quieter