Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
Thank you Andrew. I can't wait to test the rifle with the sleeved tp. I will go for 2.8 mm first. A friend is making a brass insert, 5.6 mm. I will try to find a way to measure the exact diameter of my transfer port, but if it's actually 5.5 mm, I can always reduce the diameter of the insert.

Tested RWS Hobby's this morning before work. Don't know how they group, but power is up to 6.6 ft/lbs (500 ft/s, 11.9 gr).
That's already a lot better. But the gun is slammy.
Yes I need a smaller tp

Also did some adjustments to the trigger. It's very good now! On the verge of being dangerous. I will increase sears engagement a bit to be on the safe side. I only need the lightest amount of pressure to fire the gun. This is a third variant trigger. Not as pretty as the second and first, but it's rather good! I'm sure that polishing helped, but it's easy to adjust too.

Be careful not to reduce the trigger pressure too much as it might accidentally discharge, especially if the rifle is knocked.

I erroneously referred to H&N Superlight; I meant H&N Sniperlight and have corrected the error in my previous post.

I also carried out some tests today. Roughly, Sniperlight were achieving approx. 9.5ft/lbs; Superdomes about 10ft/lbs and the old Eley Wasp about 10.3ft/lbs. The power sounds about right but it is worth testing the accuracy and S.Domes seem to perform quite well.

A