Hi,
I am doing some experiments with my recently acquired Webley Mk3 and some Mk3 parts. Trying to find out how smooth I can get it, with a decent power output (hopefully about 9 or 10 ft/lbs). I am experiencing a few issues. Some info first.

The assembled action on the photo is a .22, from Fleabay. The barrel has just been recrowned and I had the scope rail fixed with 4 screws. My friend did a good job.
The other action is a .177.

I am concentrating on the .22. It has a new Protek spring. A delrin spring guide. I fitted a steel beer can piston sleeve.
Polished the inside of the cylinder, cocking slot, cocking shoe, sears, outside touching points of piston, top and bottom of spring, outside of spring.

The leather piston seal was perished. I replaced it with a 28 mm synthetic Vortek seal with adapter. When my gf puts her finger on the muzzle and I cock the rifle, there is a vacuum (I did check and double check that the gun was unloaded ). So the seal seems to work. I have also bought a new leather seal from Knibbs. I'd like to use the synthetic seal though, as I find synthetic seals more consistent and I do not have to worry about oiling them.

I know that the large transfer port might be an issue when using a synthetic seal. But.....: I am only getting 5.7 ft/lbs with 15.89 gr JSB Exact .
I've also tested without piston sleeve, with factory spring guide and old but straight spring > still low power. Whilst it takes a lot of force to cock the gun. This puzzles me. Perhaps the seal isn't as efficient as I think.

It might all seem quite over-the-top or even sacrilegious to do these things with a Mk3, but I like a bit of tinkering. Although I have a feeling that I am wasting my time and money on this gun, as my 50 pound tuned Meteors shoot harder and nicer with much less cocking effort and a better balance, I would like to see this project through.
(Btw the later stock was on the .177 gun I bought - the one on the third photo. The earlier stock is from Fleabay. I am looking for a second type trigger so I can use the earlier stock, which I find very beautiful).

I have a feeling that sleeving the transfer port to about 3 mm would be the solution, but I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/input.
Also on how to sleeve this transfer port hehe.