Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch open sights - do you use them and what non-factory options are there?

Weihrauch open sights - do you use them and what non-factory options are there?

I guess like many on here I love mechanical, simple, 'things that just work' - a German springer with open sights being a joy to own fettle and shoot. Sometimes I pop a scope on but soon take it off as opens are just more fun for general plinking.

But the last year or two again I'm sure like many of 'that' age, I have lost near sight ability and need reading glasses.

My 77k open sights (factory standard) are a bit more of a challenge as the rear sight even pushed forward all the way is a bit blurry and they have never been the most precise things anyway.

Are there any non factory open sights around for 11mm rails that work on the 77K that people have bought, used (made?)?

Maybe a peep sight?
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

I changed the front sight on my 99 to one from an 80 so i can use different elements in it, i have also fitted a Williams/Beeman peep sight on the rifle. The peep sight really helps your eye to focus, worth getting.
    I have just got another 177 99 & intend to fit this one out the same way.

Rob

I fitted tru-glo rear sights changed the front sight on my 77 so that I could use elements then I retro fitted a fiber optic rod in a clear disc.
    I love that I can see all around the front sight, perfect for HFT

Good stuff chaps, any links for these parts please?

Also - I have a MKII 77K and it looks like a small 9mm (?) dovetail on the front once the screw in sight is removed - is this standard then for all 80's etc?

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Also - I have a MKII 77K and it looks like a small 9mm (?) dovetail on the front once the screw in sight is removed - is this standard then for all 80's etc?
    Yes. A standard HW ('80, 35 etc) will fit. I have one on my HW77 with the Williams sports peep sight at the rear.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I like those dayglo sight where do you get them, & is the front element removable ?

The Williams/beeman peep sights are available at Brownells

Thanks IJ - I will try and find one. I'll maybe try a cheap rear aperture sight first (or rig something to try) as never used one before so keen to try.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    I like those dayglo sight where do you get them, & is the front element removable ?

The Williams/beeman peep sights are available at Brownells
    Hi Rob I bought them from Knibbs, mine were Webley not proper HW ones as I wasn't paying a premium just for the name and the foresight is a standard HW80 one with removable elements, however I replaced the element with a clear disc made from an old cd case with a bit of truglo rod in the middle.

Many thanks, i have some perspex so i will have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yes. A standard HW ('80, 35 etc) will fit. I have one on my HW77 with the Williams sports peep sight at the rear.

HTH
    Ian
    80s Leftie CS500?

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    80s Leftie CS500?

Nice.
    Yes. Owned from new. Stock fitted after market.

ATB
    Ian

I too have reverted to open sights and would also like to use a diopter sight.

Which model of the Williams/Beeman diopter sight do I order for the HW 80K and 77K?

A friend ordered a Williams diopter for his 77K but it fouled with his stock, if I recall.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam Bana View Post
    I too have reverted to open sights and would also like to use a diopter sight.

Which model of the Williams/Beeman diopter sight do I order for the HW 80K and 77K?

A friend ordered a Williams diopter for his 77K but it fouled with his stock, if I recall.

Thanks.
    I use this one on my HW 95's and 99. Others will advise if it will fit the models you mention. Igot mine through the Bay direct from U.S., it cost approx £35 inc. delivery.
    hth
    Jim
    https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-5d-ag/

This is the one I use. Model ??? Make sure it has the sliding rail so it can fit a variety of scope width sizes.