Thread: T cut on bluing ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Providing you don't do it often and do it carefully there is no problem using T Cut. It has revived a dull bluing to a lovely glossy finish on a few of my rifles. You just rub lightly and it's enough to revive it. Granted if you rub to hard and often it will Cut it away but just very occasionally and carefully, it can be the difference between a dull looking rifle and a very nice shiny one.
    Ade 👍
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

T cut

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Providing you don't do it often and do it carefully there is no problem using T Cut. It has revived a dull bluing to a lovely glossy finish on a few of my rifles. You just rub lightly and it's enough to revive it. Granted if you rub to hard and often it will Cut it away but just very occasionally and carefully, it can be the difference between a dull looking rifle and a very nice shiny one.
    Ade 👍
    OP. if you read it! was suggesting it could remove minor scratches. "It wont"
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Not saying it’s a bad thing.

Oil (ballistol, preferably), starting with kitchen roll and moving to OOOO steel wool if needed, and be gentle, has always worked for me.

You can't remove scratches on blueing. Scratches on blueing implies the blue is no longer there where the scratch is. More scratching (which is what using an abrasive polish is) won't bring it back. Paint is different, there is the thickness of the paint and provided the scratches don't go through the full thickness, you can "cut" the surrounding area so that in effect you reduce the paint thickness to what it is in the depths of the scratch, so the latter is ground out. Which you can only do a very limited number of times, obviously.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Just had a thought, maybe the lads using tcut successfully have black enamelled BSA incorrectly identified as being blued? I reckon a little tcut would work on those.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Just had a thought, maybe the lads using tcut successfully have black enamelled BSA incorrectly identified as being blued? I reckon a little tcut would work on those.
    No I haven't got a BSA, but I have plenty of Air Arms, Walthers, Weihrauchs and Dianas which I use it on. No problems at all, if used like I have stated Lightly 👍
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

id not try that on blueing