Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Pistol - Squirrel Dispatch

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    BSA Scorpian .22 in my case !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    BSA Scorpian .22 in my case !
    Yes, this is obviously the best answer in any number of ways, but I was being diplomatic and maybe sensible enough to suggest other acceptable options too.

The best answer to almost any question about a 5+ ft-lbs springer pistol is the BSA Scorpion. Introduced about 40 years ago, arguably equalled (LP5M, HW45, hmmm, but are they really 5+?) but not bettered.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'm pretty sure you don't need 5.5 ft/lbs to kill a squirrel at point blank range...

and if you want discretion - muzzle blast has to be factor as well, which discounts a few of these.

i used to use a typhoon

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The use of safety goggles is also a worthy consideration
    “An airgun or two”………

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, this is obviously the best answer in any number of ways, but I was being diplomatic and maybe sensible enough to suggest other acceptable options too.

The best answer to almost any question about a 5+ ft-lbs springer pistol is the BSA Scorpion. Introduced about 40 years ago, arguably equalled (LP5M, HW45, hmmm, but are they really 5+?) but not bettered.
    yeah, scorpion is the king (I have a few) but a moderately tuned HW45 can indeed do 5 FP+
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Dispatcher

Hi

Don’t discount the cheap Typhoon. I have one of all of the previously mentioned pistols and all will do it but at a higher price and or noise and I would think you need something that’s a tool not a collectible.

Initially my Typhoon had a heavy trigger pull that affected accuracy but after a little research found info on swapping the standard trigger adjustment screw to a grub screw allowing lots more adjustment that dropped pull substantially to circa 2.5lb. Instant accuracy improvement and good power. Good sights as standard. Try one before you dismiss it. The trigger mod takes 5 mins.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, scorpion is the king (I have a few) but a moderately tuned HW45 can indeed do 5 FP+
    The best use of the Scorpion would be as a billy club (quieter too)

Dispatch

My experience of cornered greys (in my misspent youth!) was that they are nuts and aggressive. My mate got a nice nip off one...hilarious to us as teenagers but looking back could have caught anything lol