Thread: Diana MGR air pistol.

Diana MGR air pistol.

Hi everyone. I am hoping that someone on the forum can help me with an old air pistol left to me by my grandfather. I have tried to do a little research on it and have found some information but really need to get some idea of its value with a view to selling it. It is the silver version wth the letters MGR just above the trigger, and there is no trigger guard just the trigger, and it is in good working order. It lacks the cocking tool to pull the plunger down from the base of the handle, but I have had one made. The pellet is then loaded into the barrel in the same manner as the gat pistols. Photos could be sent to an email address. Thanks as any information would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by plod68 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am hoping that someone on the forum can help me with an old air pistol left to me by my grandfather. I have tried to do a little research on it and have found some information but really need to get some idea of its value with a view to selling it. It is the silver version wth the letters MGR just above the trigger, and there is no trigger guard just the trigger, and it is in good working order. It lacks the cocking tool to pull the plunger down from the base of the handle, but I have had one made. The pellet is then loaded into the barrel in the same manner as the gat pistols. Photos could be sent to an email address. Thanks as any information would be great.
    These are very old and quite valuable. They are scarce but not especially rare, if that makes sense? Maybe £300 odd without the original cockiing aid. Perhaps a bit more, £350?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cased ones up to £500. Yours isn't cased and is missing the trigger guard and the cocking aid... probably looking at £200, maybe more. It really depends who wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Cased ones up to £500. Yours isn't cased and is missing the trigger guard and the cocking aid... probably looking at £200, maybe more. It really depends who wants it.
    I've never seen one with a trigger guard and only one with a case, Jimmie.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Ah yes, right you are! I got confused with the Eisenwerke Gaggenau MF.