Thread: Is it possible?

Is it possible?

Hope this is OK mods but I need an answer ASAP, and this is the most visited section, it can be moved deleted later this morning. Thank you

Is it possible to buy a fac Rapid, leave it in the rfd, s and sell it on through them ? It would be cheaper to buy the complete package as there's some stuff that comes with the gun that I want, then just sell the Rapid without actually ever taking the gun myself out of the Rfd.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Don't see why not if you can find a dealer willing to do it. Dealer may charge storage fees though until it's sold.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Hope this is OK mods but I need an answer ASAP, and this is the most visited section, it can be moved deleted later this morning. Thank you

Is it possible to buy a fac Rapid, leave it in the rfd, s and sell it on through them ? It would be cheaper to buy the complete package as there's some stuff that comes with the gun that I want, then just sell the Rapid without actually ever taking the gun myself out of the Rfd.
    You'd have to give your money to the RFD for him to buy it so that he can put it on his books, so effectively he'd be the owner, Dave --- you've simply leant him the money to buy it.

Then you take the none FAC accessories that you want out of the deal and when your RFD sells the gun he simply gives you the money back minus his commission, minus the bits you've had.

Mmmmmm will have a think about this. Thanks for your help chaps
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post

Speak to your RFD because it will be down to him,
    The issue is that YOU cannot buy it without having a FAC, & the seller needs to put it on someone's ticket before he can remove it from his own, so he will have to sell it to the RFD & the RFD sell it on, but there's not a huge market for FAC Air so it might sit there for ages.

If you supply the cash up front so the RFD is not out of pocket, & he gets a good slice of the sale price then he might be OK, but it's probably going to cost you a couple of hundred to do it.

edit; a better method might be speak to the seller pay his asking price, take your bits, strip the rifle to the bare block with the serial number (the FAC bit), you take the parts - barrel, stock, mags, probes etc & the seller surrenders the block, you then sell the (non FAC) parts to get some money back.
    Last edited by angrybear; 14-02-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Dave........you're a tart!

Love ya lots, though!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Interesting. I have 7 FAC rifles in storage with no FAC and they sure as hell.belong to me as I have the reciepts.....

I dont that that there is any reason why you cant by one... you just cant possess one without the cert.

Ordinarily...buying an FAC rifle.with no FAC doesnt make any sense but like everything... there are ways you can end up in weird positions when it comes to firearms ownership.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill