Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government is set to introduce new laws to licence antique firearms!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Being ‘seen to act’ has never been more important ...strike that ...useless as deflection than now
    Gun control means using both hands.

Thanks for the reply's.

Can’t see a problem

Can’t see a problem, we all know that sect 58 is a joke, get everything on a licence I say.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Can’t see a problem, we all know that sect 58 is a joke, get everything on a licence I say.
    Why is section 58 a joke.

Guns that are being used will already be on License so they are not a problem.

People collect guns and have no intention of using them so they do not need an FAC to buy primers or blackpowder.

I have two old guns that are not fit to be fired and are only good as reatoration projects or wallhangers.

You seem to be adopting the politicians attitude that everyone is a criminal if they have a gun and need to be controlled.

Licensed shooters and collectors are NOT A THREAT TO SOCIETY.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Where?

The shooting times is not legislation.

I've just read through the Bill as it now is, after the committee stage, and can't find any reference to revisions to licence Antique weapons.

If I've missed it where in the bill is that referred please?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I see no problem

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Why is section 58 a joke.

Guns that are being used will already be on License so they are not a problem.

People collect guns and have no intention of using them so they do not need an FAC to buy primers or blackpowder.

I have two old guns that are not fit to be fired and are only good as reatoration projects or wallhangers.

You seem to be adopting the politicians attitude that everyone is a criminal if they have a gun and need to be controlled.

Licensed shooters and collectors are NOT A THREAT TO SOCIETY.
    What’s the problem about having a licence to hold any Rifle of any sort?
    You can still own them but have them on some sort of register,only someone with something to hide would object surely?

I cant find any mention of antique and collectors firearms becoming licensed in the amended bill, maybe i missed but i did look twice

TB.

The main purpose of legislation and firearms law in this country is to take guns away from public use. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is kidding them-self.

Sigh!!!!

Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Sigh!!!!
    Do you have something to hide or something you should have on a ticket,or just don’t like another opinion that’s not your liking, licence for everything I say.
    Identity cards also for everyone.
    DNA everyone also
    Nothing to hide then no problem.
    Bring back dog licences
    Bring back Radio licences
    Bring back pounds shilling and pence
    Bring back 150w bulbs
    Bring back 1400w vacuum cleaners

Lol
    Last edited by series2a; 18-02-2019 at 12:05 AM.

So I take it that you do not have any antique guns and are not interested in firearms history.
    If it was not for antiques a lot of people would not progress to licenced firearms

Your missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    So I take it that you do not have any antique guns and are not interested in firearms history.
    If it was not for antiques a lot of people would not progress to licenced firearms
    Anything with a barrel needs policing, Airgun FAC etc can’t see a problem with having some sort of licence,eventually the Gun crimes against pets etc will stop as all the chavs who buy cheap springers will be deterred by the thought of a prison sentence. Long term it’s the only answer.

Anything with a barrel needs policing, Airgun FAC etc can’t see a problem with having some sort of licence,eventually the Gun crimes against pets etc will stop as all the chavs who buy cheap springers will be deterred by the thought of a prison sentence. Long term it’s the only answer.
    Has airgun licensing stopped pets in Scotland being shot or stopped criminals having them ?

Nope. And it never will.

Yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Has airgun licensing stopped pets in Scotland being shot or stopped criminals having them ?

Nope. And it never will.
    It would over time think about it

So toy guns should require a licence? They have barrels. What about pneumatic tools for tradesmen? They have barrels.