Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government is set to introduce new laws to licence antique firearms!

Government is set to introduce new laws to licence antique firearms!

There is an article in this weeks Shooting Times that informs us that the due to 91 antique guns being recovered during criminal circumstances in 2016 we are to face new legislation in the form of a licence for all antique firearms.
    This will in a instance have a catastrophic effect on the value of items held by collectors and I suspect will put a lot of dealer out of business.
    Another knee jerk reaction that will only effect legal collector and have no effect what so ever on the criminals.

Is this definite or is it being considered?

This seems to indicate that the Bill is still being scrutinised, and will be studied again on the 26th February.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills...veweapons.html

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Is this definite or is it being considered?

This seems to indicate that the Bill is still being scrutinised, and will be studied again on the 26th February.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills...veweapons.html
    I have e-mail you a copy of the report from shooting times.

Will this include percussion guns?.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamrob View Post
    Will this include percussion guns?.
    From what scant bits of information I can find it looks like ALL antiques, wall hangers and collectors guns will be put on a license. It does not say FAC so it might be a register so they can keep track of them.

Fronteria sent me a scan of the article in the Shooting Times and they are considering having flintlock antiques in a separate category.

The ban on .50" cal has been dropped and they are not going to ban military grade firearms.

Its all airy-fairy and still a grey area. We can only wait and see what they come up with.

Yeah, all those Sniders and Civil War matchlocks being used to hold up corner stores all over the UK, let alone the vast numbers of cap and ball revolvers being used by drug dealers to cow and intimidate their 'customers'.

As for the duelling pistols - the police stores are filled with cased sets taking into custody in police raids from Land's Groat to John o'End.

What a total farce......
    Last edited by tacfoley; 16-02-2019 at 09:34 AM.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Being ‘seen to act’ has never been more important ...strike that ...useless as deflection than now
    Gun control means using both hands.

Thanks for the reply's.

Can’t see a problem

Can’t see a problem, we all know that sect 58 is a joke, get everything on a licence I say.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Can’t see a problem, we all know that sect 58 is a joke, get everything on a licence I say.
    Why is section 58 a joke.

Guns that are being used will already be on License so they are not a problem.

People collect guns and have no intention of using them so they do not need an FAC to buy primers or blackpowder.

I have two old guns that are not fit to be fired and are only good as reatoration projects or wallhangers.

You seem to be adopting the politicians attitude that everyone is a criminal if they have a gun and need to be controlled.

Licensed shooters and collectors are NOT A THREAT TO SOCIETY.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Where?

The shooting times is not legislation.

I've just read through the Bill as it now is, after the committee stage, and can't find any reference to revisions to licence Antique weapons.

If I've missed it where in the bill is that referred please?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Sigh!!!!

So I take it that you do not have any antique guns and are not interested in firearms history.
    If it was not for antiques a lot of people would not progress to licenced firearms

Your missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    So I take it that you do not have any antique guns and are not interested in firearms history.
    If it was not for antiques a lot of people would not progress to licenced firearms
    Anything with a barrel needs policing, Airgun FAC etc can’t see a problem with having some sort of licence,eventually the Gun crimes against pets etc will stop as all the chavs who buy cheap springers will be deterred by the thought of a prison sentence. Long term it’s the only answer.

I see no problem

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Why is section 58 a joke.

Guns that are being used will already be on License so they are not a problem.

People collect guns and have no intention of using them so they do not need an FAC to buy primers or blackpowder.

I have two old guns that are not fit to be fired and are only good as reatoration projects or wallhangers.

You seem to be adopting the politicians attitude that everyone is a criminal if they have a gun and need to be controlled.

Licensed shooters and collectors are NOT A THREAT TO SOCIETY.
    What’s the problem about having a licence to hold any Rifle of any sort?
    You can still own them but have them on some sort of register,only someone with something to hide would object surely?