Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Government is set to introduce new laws to licence antique firearms!

Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Sigh!!!!
    Do you have something to hide or something you should have on a ticket,or just don’t like another opinion that’s not your liking, licence for everything I say.
    Identity cards also for everyone.
    DNA everyone also
    Nothing to hide then no problem.
    Bring back dog licences
    Bring back Radio licences
    Bring back pounds shilling and pence
    Bring back 150w bulbs
    Bring back 1400w vacuum cleaners

Lol
    Last edited by series2a; 18-02-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Anything with a barrel needs policing, Airgun FAC etc can’t see a problem with having some sort of licence,eventually the Gun crimes against pets etc will stop as all the chavs who buy cheap springers will be deterred by the thought of a prison sentence. Long term it’s the only answer.
    Has airgun licensing stopped pets in Scotland being shot or stopped criminals having them ?

Nope. And it never will.

Anything with a barrel needs policing, Airgun FAC etc can’t see a problem with having some sort of licence,eventually the Gun crimes against pets etc will stop as all the chavs who buy cheap springers will be deterred by the thought of a prison sentence. Long term it’s the only answer.
    So toy guns should require a licence? They have barrels. What about pneumatic tools for tradesmen? They have barrels.

Don’t be stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    So toy guns should require a licence? They have barrels. What about pneumatic tools for tradesmen? They have barrels.
    Don’t be stupid

Yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Has airgun licensing stopped pets in Scotland being shot or stopped criminals having them ?

Nope. And it never will.
    It would over time think about it

It would over time think about it
    When does the pub shut.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    When does the pub shut.
    Lol can’t help winding up the local wildlife.

to look at this from another direction,
    I have a lot of section 58s on the wall, the ones I do not shoot as I took them off ticket to make space for other things,
    still have other S 58 on ticket which I shoot,
    been having a bit of a problem with plod saying I have to many guns, NO to any more veriations,
    just one for ones,
    if this law comes in will they have to let me have all my S 58s put on my ticket so I can shoot them,
    for me this may be a win
    for others not so much,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    to look at this from another direction,
    I have a lot of section 58s on the wall, the ones I do not shoot as I took them off ticket to make space for other things,
    still have other S 58 on ticket which I shoot,
    been having a bit of a problem with plod saying I have to many guns, NO to any more veriations,
    just one for ones,
    if this law comes in will they have to let me have all my S 58s put on my ticket so I can shoot them,
    for me this may be a win
    for others not so much,
    T
    I didn't know there was a limit on the number of guns one can have. So long as they are locked up as per the Home Office regulations you would be within the law.
    In the documentation I have, (It might be the security handbook), the Home Office do not consider muzzleloaders as the first choice of criminals. Handguns and shotguns come before muzzleloaders.

Until the "Offensive Weapons Bill" is passed no one can answer your question, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    I didn't know there was a limit on the number of guns one can have.
    You need to talk to the people who run the shooting sports in THIS county, then.

antique gun licence

I'll second that Taco but do they listen "do they as like " weez in the "Bermuda BHC Triangle"old enough to vote and too old for our hobbies.

As a long term collector of antique guns of all kinds, who has a fair understanding of the subject and of the collectors, I'm sure that It's safe to say that the people who are planning this move do not have an iota of an idea of the amount of unregulated (and rightly so) collectable antiques that are owned in the U.K. Any system of collating them will be overwhelmed. But as we all know, these people rarely let common sense get in the way of a good kneejerk.

I cant find any mention of antique and collectors firearms becoming licensed in the amended bill, maybe i missed but i did look twice

TB.

The main purpose of legislation and firearms law in this country is to take guns away from public use. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge this is kidding them-self.

Firearms legislation in the UK has only been successful at making it more difficult or impossible for law abiding people to own firearms.

Criminals,however have never been impeded by licensing etc and acquire and use them at will!