Thread: BSA challenger in .25

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA challenger in .25

Have just got one of these, the anodising on block still intact so not a lot of use.
    Blue ing 95, stock 90 (few scratches)
    Very smooth cocking, shooting 19 grain at 510 so about 10.6 ish.
    Fitted with a slim steel silencer and a Nicko 3x9x40 scope

Any ideas on a fair price please.
    snarepeg.

With all the toys then close to £200. Its the calibre that makes the value in a good little break barrel. Quite rare in this configuration. But its the used condition that knocks the price back hard as there are so many well used rifles about.
    Mint might be £300 without scope.

If it is a genuine factory .25 Mercury challenger then I would say it is a rare beast indeed and if shooting well worth more than £200 on its own, more with the toys.

As ever this would be subject to seeing the wee beasty as one person's view of condition often does not match anothers. Some downplay the condition of rifles, some talk it up. As is often noted good quality photos will help get a more accurate valuation. Also price depends on whether you look for a quick sale or hold out for a determined (desperate?) Buyer.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Would say it is a genuine factory issue.
    No screw driver marks anywhere, been shooting it today with Marksmen 19 grain and bean cans at 20 yards it knocks holes in big anough to get a double decker bus thru

It's a pleasure to shoot, cocking smooth and easy and sure it's on original spring.

The silencer is like a slim Parker Hale.

Thanks for the input.
    snarepeg.

I didn't realise BSA made the Challenger in .25

Is it definitely a Challenger with the Maxi-grip scope rail or a Mercury fitted with a .25 barrel?

As always, clear photos would be required for a valuation. Perhaps you can confirm the serial number prefix too?

Kind regards,

John

Now you have me confused John.
    It hasn't got a maxi grip scope rail which I hadn't noticeced, it has got the bolted jaws instead of a pin.
    The stock looks like a challenger and is nice fitting.
    Will take some photos and serial number later and post to you, as I haven't had any luck posting on previous threads.
    Reg. john
    snarepeg.