Thread: Nostalgia

Nostalgia

Hi all, whilst all this 80s hay day nostalgia is current .....
    I have fond memories of an old Kassnar scope, no not the beta 3, but a standard vari mag 6-18x 44?? Has anyone seen one around please or know where I might find one??
    I have had several other Kassnar including the sniper reticle which is great fun and the multi colour reticle, all old hat now but cutting edge back in the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I have fond memories of an old Kassnar scope, no not the beta 3, but a standard vari mag 6-18x 44?? Has anyone seen one around please or know where I might find one??
    I have had several other Kassnar including the sniper reticle which is great fun and the multi colour reticle, all old hat now but cutting edge back in the day!!
    Doesn't answer your question but I had a 4x32 Beta 3 with the spirit level, quite useful and great optics, I remember it wasn't cheap
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Doesn't answer your question but I had a 4x32 Beta 3 with the spirit level, quite useful and great optics, I remember it wasn't cheap
    In the day they were a very good scope up with Tasco and Nikko Stirling....I have a Beta 3 too, again we now stick levels on scopes they implanted them.....

we now stick levels on scopes they implanted them.....
    Yes, it was a novel idea at the time, perhaps even ahead of it's time
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Nostalga.....it isnt what it used to be .....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Nostalgia

What specific memories or moments trigger a sense of nostalgia for you, and how do they make you feel?

I have a Kassnar 3-9x wide angle on a Mk1 80, I may be selling this as I've acquired another scope.
    Regards Matt
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22