Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jsb lead free

Well the JSB's should be as accurate as the AA's because they're exactly the same pellet made with the same lead mix on the same machines with a normal JSB die, if you don't believe it watch the factory tour vid where they're asked.

I doubt I'll be using the lead free regularly, far too expensive, but it's nice to know they shoot so well.

They work fine in a HW barrel but are too expensive for target shooting. Probably fantastic for hunting due to flatter trajectory (and no one would get through a tin full on an afternoon hunting).

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well the JSB's should be as accurate as the AA's because they're exactly the same pellet made with the same lead mix on the same machines with a normal JSB die, if you don't believe it watch the factory tour vid where they're asked.

I doubt I'll be using the lead free regularly, far too expensive, but it's nice to know they shoot so well.
    Yes, I don't doubt that now, the reason I questioned it originally was because I read somewhere once that AA pellets where made especially for them to their own spec to suit their barrels (probably a marketing thing), so I always thought they where slightly different, also when I tried a .177 JSB tester tin and the AA's still seemed to group better than the Exacts? the RS's at the time where pretty damn close but after doing another pellet test with my Prosport recently the JSB groups have seemed to have tightened up a bit, now I did put a new shroud on the rifle which meant taking the barrel off, heating it up and so I decided to clean the barrel out whilst it was off, so whether that has anything to do with it I don't know, I've started buying .177 RS's now as our host has pretty good prices on them at the moment and are a lot cheaper than the AA's, anyway getting back to the .25 pellets, I also did a pellet test with .25 JSB's and they are just as accurate with them and are also considerably cheaper than the AA .25's, what annoys me is how Air Arms can charge more for their pellets when they are the same as JSB's? I suppose we are just paying for the name.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

In .177 AA fields and Exacts are not the same pellet. I don't shoot any other calibres so can't comment. But for .177 the AA's are subtely but definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    In .177 AA fields and Exacts are not the same pellet. I don't shoot any other calibres so can't comment. But for .177 the AA's are subtely but definitely different.
    Well in the vid they ask the JSB man & he says all the "badged" pellets they make are made with their normal lead, on their normal press, with a normal die there is nothing at all changed
    the only difference is that they make the whole of a "badged" order on a single machine & die in one run.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    They work fine in a HW barrel but are too expensive for target shooting. Probably fantastic for hunting due to flatter trajectory (and no one would get through a tin full on an afternoon hunting).
    Actually not nearly as good for hunting, because they're so hard there's no expansion on impact.

I doubt you get much expansion at 12ftlb on any current .25 pellet unless you shoot them backwards. Even in .22 not many pellets really expand. With a .25 who cares though.

Well in the vid they ask the JSB man & he says all the "badged" pellets they make are made with their normal lead, on their normal press, with a normal die there is nothing at all changed
    the only difference is that they make the whole of a "badged" order on a single machine & die in one run.
    Yes but some companies have their own die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yes but some companies have their own die.
    As I just said, not according to the factory

As I just said, not according to the factory
    A normal die doesn't mean it's not exclusive.

I have just asked Claire herself. The answer is "no they are not the same".

Good enough?

Well watch the vid for yourself,
    obviously the people who make them have a different understanding to the people they make them for.
    I'm going with the people who actually make the things

Well watch the vid for yourself,
    obviously the people who make them have a different understanding to the people they make them for.
    I'm going with the people who actually make the things
    You're entitled to your opinion.

I prefer fact.

They're not the same.