Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the umarex smith and wesson 686 in stainless steel

the umarex smith and wesson 686 in stainless steel

I can fully recommend this pistol in 177 pellet form it is powerfull and really accurate it is a heavy frame revolver like the 44 magnum.I used to shoot my friends model 66 when I was in a gun club so I know what the real thing is like.I liked it so much that I bought a 6 inch barrel for it mine being a 4 inch barrel and had to buy one from the usa because it was only available in blued finish in the uk.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    But unfortunately completely let down by Umarex failing to offer a matching 'stainless' magazine - thus making it look like they couldn't be bothered to finish it.

This brand new full set with 4, 6, and 8 inch barrel suddenly appeared in a local RFD stock 2 weeks ago. I believe they stopped producing them 3 or 4 years ago.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/8qOEZyt.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I had the real thing back before the ban, & the balance of the 586(not handled the 686) isn't bad at all.

Rob

[QUOTE=harvey_s;7644056]But unfortunately completely let down by Umarex failing to offer a matching 'stainless' magazine - thus making it look like they couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Just get your mate Dave to strip the mag.
    If you haven't got a mate called Dave -paint it.

someone at my club picked up a set 4 6 and 8 inch
    I found the trigger almost unusable. VVV heavy single and double action.Put me right off
    Much prefer Twinmaster Top. Obviously not a firearm lookalike but for fun I like better
    I used to have a Colt Python pre 97 ...happy days

stainless steel

I've got an earlier 686 with the shiney black finish, but it's not bluing, as the gun isn't made of steel. Your describing your gun as stainless steel, is it actually made from stainless, or the same cast zinc alloy as the black one with a stainless finish on top? Thanks.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

They have been changing finishes recently.
    There is now a gold one and a cerakote version.

The only silver version I have seen is the 1500 PPC limited Edition.

I'm pretty sure they don't make one in real stainless steel but there may be a new silver one around.

The nickel model used to be a light gold colour -it's shown in Bazs picture above.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    This brand new full set with 4, 6, and 8 inch barrel suddenly appeared in a local RFD stock 2 weeks ago. I believe they stopped producing them 3 or 4 years ago.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/8qOEZyt.jpg
    Has that local RFD still got it for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    No, sorry now sold, at a very reasonable price.

Baz

umarex smith and wesson 686

[QUOTE=gingernut;7644157]
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    But unfortunately completely let down by Umarex failing to offer a matching 'stainless' magazine - thus making it look like they couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Just get your mate Dave to strip the mag.
    If you haven't got a mate called Dave -paint it.
    i agree that the magazine should be stainless also not blued but they didn't do that I am not sure if the finish is real stainless but it is not shiny like nickel it wasn't cheap at £250 originally the shop I bought it from no longer exits it disappeared when they developed the store called fenwicks now in Colchester high street.

umarex smith and wesson 686

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    that's the same as mine I only had the 4 inch barrel but bought a 6 inch one from the usa

[QUOTE=smokyjoe;7645645]
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

i agree that the magazine should be stainless also not blued but they didn't do that I am not sure if the finish is real stainless but it is not shiny like nickel it wasn't cheap at £250 originally the shop I bought it from no longer exits it disappeared when they developed the store called fenwicks now in Colchester high street.
    That shop was Radcliffes and it still exists, but has now moved to rather stylish and considerably larger premises on the outskirts of the town.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by smokyjoe View Post

The finish is 100% not stainless, I think if I had one I'd be looking to have the mag vapour blasted...

Quote Originally Posted by smokyjoe View Post
    that's the same as mine I only had the 4 inch barrel but bought a 6 inch one from the usa
    Where did you source the 8 inch barrel from ? They are hard to find.

Baz