Thread: Anyone bought one of those cheap Chinese chronys off that auction site?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unboxed yesterday. The instructions were sadly in Chinese, but, as a few airgunners from across the pond have cottoned on to these, a translation is available
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlpiu4ondm...vised.pdf?dl=0

The USB charger has an indicator to show charge status. Fully charged I gave it a whirl.

Firstly, it's metric only, so MPS readings and when you go further with the settings, grams for the pellet weight (I haven't got that far yet).

The start up is straight forward as the software launches and then it's ready to use. I took the top clamp off of the Vee block and just rested the silencer (a HW silencer) flat in the Vee block. As long as you keep it flat, you'll avoid shooting the back infra red bulb off!

The software saves each shot from the moment it's turned on and you can recall the readings (you need to master the single button control - short / medium / long press)

You can programme the length of display for each reading as it is taken. However, wander off to do other things (like have your breakfast) and it auto shuts down, losing your data.

The results obtained with my test rifle tally up with my previous Chrono test, though I've not currently done side by side testing. This set up is so small, I was able to test my rifle with a pellet trap (a bound up catalogue) on a stool, so very compact (I wouldn't recommend testing ME at distance with it though - too much room for error!)
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 17-02-2019 at 01:27 PM.