Thread: Anyone bought one of those cheap Chinese chronys off that auction site?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Thanks for posting that link - I bought one yesterday as well, well worth a punt at that price.
    Me too, as you can't loose to much at that price.

Just looked at the item on that site and noticed that the max projectile weight is 10g.

If that is grammes then o.k. but if grains then not much use??

Ken.
    If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    Just looked at the item on that site and noticed that the max projectile weight is 10g.

If that is grammes then o.k. but if grains then not much use??

Ken.
    It's grams. Mine turned up today, a week after order.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    It's grams. Mine turned up today, a week after order.
    Can you post up a mini review? I'm sure many of us will be keen to know how it checks out in function and performance.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Unboxed yesterday. The instructions were sadly in Chinese, but, as a few airgunners from across the pond have cottoned on to these, a translation is available
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlpiu4ondm...vised.pdf?dl=0

The USB charger has an indicator to show charge status. Fully charged I gave it a whirl.

Firstly, it's metric only, so MPS readings and when you go further with the settings, grams for the pellet weight (I haven't got that far yet).

The start up is straight forward as the software launches and then it's ready to use. I took the top clamp off of the Vee block and just rested the silencer (a HW silencer) flat in the Vee block. As long as you keep it flat, you'll avoid shooting the back infra red bulb off!

The software saves each shot from the moment it's turned on and you can recall the readings (you need to master the single button control - short / medium / long press)

You can programme the length of display for each reading as it is taken. However, wander off to do other things (like have your breakfast) and it auto shuts down, losing your data.

The results obtained with my test rifle tally up with my previous Chrono test, though I've not currently done side by side testing. This set up is so small, I was able to test my rifle with a pellet trap (a bound up catalogue) on a stool, so very compact (I wouldn't recommend testing ME at distance with it though - too much room for error!)
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 17-02-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Unboxed yesterday. The instructions were sadly in Chinese, but, as a few airgunners from across the pond have cottoned on to these, a translation is available

The USB charger has an indicator to show charge status. Fully charged I gave it a whirl.

Firstly, it's metric only, so MPS readings and when you go further with the settings, grams for the pellet weight (I haven't got that far yet).

The start up is straight forward as the software launches and then it's ready to use. I took the top clamp off of the Vee block and just rested the silencer (a HW silencer) flat in the Vee block. As long as you keep it flat, you'll avoid shooting the back infra red bulb off!

The software saves each shot from the moment it's turned on and you can recall the readings (you need to master the single button control - short / medium / long press)

You can programme the length of display for each reading as it is taken. However, wonder off to do other things (like have your breakfast) and it auto shuts down, losing your data.

The results obtained with my test rifle tally up with my previous Chrono test, though I've not currently done side by side testing. This set up is so small, I was able to test my rifle with a pellet trap (a bound up catalogue) on a stool, so very compact (I wouldn't recommend testing ME at distance with it though - too much room for error!)
    Thanks for this.

I would not be happy with this, metric means your forever trying to convert your findings into something we all use and recognise - how many grams is a JSB Heavy? All the other stuff I can forgive at the price, you get what you pay for, but if you don't use it then it's an expensive paper weight, and I don't think I'd use it due to the conversions.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Thanks for this.

how many grams is a JSB Heavy? .
    0.67 grams , come on James , everybody knows that !

Google is my friend

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Cheers for this - really useful for when mine arrives...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I would not be happy with this, metric means your forever trying to convert your findings into something we all use and recognise - how many grams is a JSB Heavy? All the other stuff I can forgive at the price, you get what you pay for, but if you don't use it then it's an expensive paper weight, and I don't think I'd use it due to the conversions.
    Dunno why these would be an issue?
    If you've ever bought a tin of JSB's the weight's on the tin in Grammes and Grains and nearly all digital scales measure in both units anyway...
    Again the conversion to FPS is no more difficult than converting FPS to ft/lbs really it it?- as FPS means nothing on its own anyway.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If anyone has bought one and needs the conversion calc it's:

speed in m/s² x pellet weight in grammes ÷ 2710.5 = ft/lbs

less numbers to remember than 450240

I have just brought a E9800=MKII chrono from the bay. My R2 stopped working suddenly and online help and checks failed to sort it, so it's gone back for repair. I needed a quick replacement but didn't want to spend a fortune, [not everyone can justify a Scan, lovely as they are].
    I've just had it checked against a dealers scan and its spot on. Longevity is a wait and see of course, but knowing it's accurate is a good start, also it has the ability to show FPS in one of the opening screens; with 6 pre set pellet weights, easy to access, I think it's superb value for money. I paid mid £30's for it so for me bargain!!. As for Chinese make, most chrono's are made there, not sure about Scan but I think they're still UK made, the R2 definitely Polish.
    I can't comment on other makes, other than the one with the 2 big screens doesn't work for me due to having full fluorescent lighting in my workshop, and not enough space to leave it set up, my new one is only about 5 x 4 x 1.5 inches, the shoot through tube is only 25mm dia. but with the guide cone and some care it's no problem.

arnie2b Guest
    Plenty of free apps on the android store for converting m/s to ft/s and to calculate ft/lbs.

If you weren't aware.

Instructions

These were translated using Google from pictures of the Chinese.
    I will have my chronograph at the bash this weekend.

Instructions

the speed
    Come, will hit the speedometer.) The front end of the tube can not be super
    Too many seats . And jig seat flat or slightly more than one point can be
    The. Please refer to the last side of the drawings )
    2: do not use in environments with strong sunlight.
    3: open the machine, etc. after displaying the status of the test (display panel display
    Stable. "
    "For the Test State ) starts speed .
    4: so that the measured pellets from front to back through two parallel sense

Can test instructions :
    1: speed additional energy measurement mode: after booting see display-SU on
    Press next to display 0.0 (G). Increase by 1 per click.
    Grams . Press to see the second time the indicator light is on, it will be reduced by 0.1
    Grams . For example, Enter 1.6 grams: enter 2 grams first, then decrease by 0.4 grams
    , To complete the 1.6 gram input.
    When the input is complete, press the function key for more than 3 seconds to save the exit.
    The display panel LED (red light) prompts for success. Measured directly
    The result displayed is in M / s. You can press the function key at this time ,
    The display can be switched between speed and energy . Do not operate or " long
    Press the once function key to enter the status of the test again.

Set display duration :
    After the measurement is completed , the panel displays the measured data, the number of
    It will automatically save, but only a few seconds after the show will enter the next
    Second Test state . This display time is 5 seconds by default . Its settings
    The method is: boot scan digital digital tube 4 after pressing the function key
    Hold on, the ISC remains at 999, and the indicator lights out.
    Green long bright light, release the function key, enter the display length
    Set the interface .
    1: each press will increase by 1 second .
    2: press to see the indicator light on the second will be reduced by 1 second
    3: press 3 seconds or more to save and exit .

Check the records. :
    In the interface to be tested (display " -- " or yes "-
    Press a function key to enter the view record state .
    1: press the next function key to display the next record.
    2: after pressing the button, you will see the second time the indicator light will be on, and the previous record will be displayed
    3: after turning off the machine, all records are cleared and returned to the factory state.( This is not
    I'm afraid that the settings won't fail. )

Charging instructions :
    A: the tachometer must be in the off state before it can be charged.
    B: a dedicated lithium battery charger must be used. No
    Will damage the battery and the speedometer !
    C: there is a status indicator on the USB plug of the smart charger cable .
    1: the indicator is red and indicates that it is charging.
    2: the indicator is green and indicates the charging is completed .

Attention matters
    1: this product is infrared ray type, has integrated the light source in the machine
    On the device, the light source does not need the outside world . Please try to avoid the glare.
    To the sensors above the main unit.
    As far as possible not in the light of the sun
    Direct direct use.
    2: long time no use please charge the battery full place, every 2-month left
    Charge and discharge once, this is conducive to the battery .
    3: if the battery power is too small , there may be leakage detection and failure
    The phenomenon of the machine, after charging can be restored to normal.

-4: when measuring the speed of the higher bomb pill speed . Please do the right thing.
    Protection measures . In order to avoid damage to the machine after the anti-bomb bomb shot.
    5: must be clamped above the launch tube after the test ! No, no, no, no, no, no.
    The test, or test leaning on The jig ! That's a bad test.
    Easy to measure the speed of data, but also hit the speedometer.

Mistake !
    Correct !
    Card holder
    Figure 1 is the wrong pinch
    Method, the orifice is too close
    Speedometer, not easy to slow
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.