Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought one of those cheap Chinese chronys off that auction site?

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Thanks guys.

I was thinking of writing one out (for quick evaluation) but is there a crib sheet/excel graph or whatver online with given calculations, ie left hand column reading say feet/metres in 10ft increments of 200 fps to say 800 fps and along the top given power for certain grains ie 5 thru 20 etc?
    Yes there is. Not sure where I found them but I have just sent copies (Xcel sheets) to your e mail. I hope they turn out OK. I printed mine out and laminated them as a quick guide.

Cheers, Phil

Thanks Phil, that's exactly what I needed, not sure anyone understood what I was wittering on about! I'll just add a column with mps next to the fps. Thanks again.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

just received this email from aliexpress.regarding the chrony
    Caitlin Alice: dear friend
    so sorry to tell u that we just found this product have some quality's problems
    we can't send it to u
    could u cancel the order and choose the cancel reason"other"or "i don't want it "
    and then we will return your money
    thank you/:009

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    just received this email from aliexpress.regarding the chrony
    Caitlin Alice: dear friend
    so sorry to tell u that we just found this product have some quality's problems
    we can't send it to u
    could u cancel the order and choose the cancel reason"other"or "i don't want it "
    and then we will return your money
    thank you/:009
    See here:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....32#post7653732

Here is a better one on aliexpress with more leds and tripod for about £20inc with vouchers

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...49e961d5K2CIC8

Quote Originally Posted by hughwp View Post
    Here is a better one on aliexpress with more leds and tripod for about £20inc with vouchers

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...49e961d5K2CIC8
    just ordered this one. came to £22

I would love to see them add bluetooth connectivity to these. If anyone who has one is brave enough to open it up and take some detailed pictures, i'm very curious to know what makes it go.
    Last edited by aris; 06-03-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Well, to follow this up I got mine after a week or so direct from China at £18 delivered - nuts really!

It works great, very reliable and none of the faffing with getting light 'just right' indoors that the F1 needed.

I made up a very simple wooden jig to mount it on to make it easier to use with my guns and as it is so small and light to keep it more stable:

image upload

I have just brought a E9800=MKII chrono from the bay. My R2 stopped working suddenly and online help and checks failed to sort it, so it's gone back for repair. I needed a quick replacement but didn't want to spend a fortune, [not everyone can justify a Scan, lovely as they are].
    I've just had it checked against a dealers scan and its spot on. Longevity is a wait and see of course, but knowing it's accurate is a good start, also it has the ability to show FPS in one of the opening screens; with 6 pre set pellet weights, easy to access, I think it's superb value for money. I paid mid £30's for it so for me bargain!!. As for Chinese make, most chrono's are made there, not sure about Scan but I think they're still UK made, the R2 definitely Polish.
    I can't comment on other makes, other than the one with the 2 big screens doesn't work for me due to having full fluorescent lighting in my workshop, and not enough space to leave it set up, my new one is only about 5 x 4 x 1.5 inches, the shoot through tube is only 25mm dia. but with the guide cone and some care it's no problem.

arnie2b Guest
    Plenty of free apps on the android store for converting m/s to ft/s and to calculate ft/lbs.

If you weren't aware.

Instructions

These were translated using Google from pictures of the Chinese.
    I will have my chronograph at the bash this weekend.

Instructions

the speed
    Come, will hit the speedometer.) The front end of the tube can not be super
    Too many seats . And jig seat flat or slightly more than one point can be
    The. Please refer to the last side of the drawings )
    2: do not use in environments with strong sunlight.
    3: open the machine, etc. after displaying the status of the test (display panel display
    Stable. "
    "For the Test State ) starts speed .
    4: so that the measured pellets from front to back through two parallel sense

Can test instructions :
    1: speed additional energy measurement mode: after booting see display-SU on
    Press next to display 0.0 (G). Increase by 1 per click.
    Grams . Press to see the second time the indicator light is on, it will be reduced by 0.1
    Grams . For example, Enter 1.6 grams: enter 2 grams first, then decrease by 0.4 grams
    , To complete the 1.6 gram input.
    When the input is complete, press the function key for more than 3 seconds to save the exit.
    The display panel LED (red light) prompts for success. Measured directly
    The result displayed is in M / s. You can press the function key at this time ,
    The display can be switched between speed and energy . Do not operate or " long
    Press the once function key to enter the status of the test again.

Set display duration :
    After the measurement is completed , the panel displays the measured data, the number of
    It will automatically save, but only a few seconds after the show will enter the next
    Second Test state . This display time is 5 seconds by default . Its settings
    The method is: boot scan digital digital tube 4 after pressing the function key
    Hold on, the ISC remains at 999, and the indicator lights out.
    Green long bright light, release the function key, enter the display length
    Set the interface .
    1: each press will increase by 1 second .
    2: press to see the indicator light on the second will be reduced by 1 second
    3: press 3 seconds or more to save and exit .

Check the records. :
    In the interface to be tested (display " -- " or yes "-
    Press a function key to enter the view record state .
    1: press the next function key to display the next record.
    2: after pressing the button, you will see the second time the indicator light will be on, and the previous record will be displayed
    3: after turning off the machine, all records are cleared and returned to the factory state.( This is not
    I'm afraid that the settings won't fail. )

Charging instructions :
    A: the tachometer must be in the off state before it can be charged.
    B: a dedicated lithium battery charger must be used. No
    Will damage the battery and the speedometer !
    C: there is a status indicator on the USB plug of the smart charger cable .
    1: the indicator is red and indicates that it is charging.
    2: the indicator is green and indicates the charging is completed .

Attention matters
    1: this product is infrared ray type, has integrated the light source in the machine
    On the device, the light source does not need the outside world . Please try to avoid the glare.
    To the sensors above the main unit.
    As far as possible not in the light of the sun
    Direct direct use.
    2: long time no use please charge the battery full place, every 2-month left
    Charge and discharge once, this is conducive to the battery .
    3: if the battery power is too small , there may be leakage detection and failure
    The phenomenon of the machine, after charging can be restored to normal.

-4: when measuring the speed of the higher bomb pill speed . Please do the right thing.
    Protection measures . In order to avoid damage to the machine after the anti-bomb bomb shot.
    5: must be clamped above the launch tube after the test ! No, no, no, no, no, no.
    The test, or test leaning on The jig ! That's a bad test.
    Easy to measure the speed of data, but also hit the speedometer.

Mistake !
    Correct !
    Card holder
    Figure 1 is the wrong pinch
    Method, the orifice is too close
    Speedometer, not easy to slow
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

mine arrived last week and despite the box looking like its be used as a football in the warehouse, it seems to work ok. must be fairly well built then! Its a really nifty little unit and doesn't suffer from the error messages (lighting) that all the Chronys i've had do.
    Thanks for the Dropbox link to the translated PDF instructions, because the instructions in the box are in Chinese. And the link on the AliExpress product page doesn't exist anymore. Could we make this a sticky please - or at least the Dropbox PDF instructions, cos i'd be buggered without it.
    thanks
    Jon

P.S. i ensured that my orifice wasn't too close lol

P.P.S You change Chairgun settings to metric for the MPS read out, then change back to imperial for those who don't like calculators
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I meant to post that I also bought one on the basis of this thread and am quite impressed so far. Much easier to use than both the Combro and Shooting Chrony (currently knackered but even when it was working it was always finicky).

Question is, is this extremely cheap, or are we just being ripped off when we buy most other Chronos?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I meant to post that I also bought one on the basis of this thread and am quite impressed so far. Much easier to use than both the Combro and Shooting Chrony (currently knackered but even when it was working it was always finicky).

Question is, is this extremely cheap, or are we just being ripped off when we buy most other Chronos?
    Possibly but the other companies would have shelled out for R&D and then others then came along and copied it . Plus the fact they may only make those items where as the chinese company could be making loads of other items in their huge factories with cheap labour .

yes some of the others could be made in china and probably are but they will have other costs that have to be be paid like staff ,buildings,insurance ,business rates and so on.

That all has to be paid for .

I wonder if Robin Hewitt from combro could give an input to this ?

You just have to look at the Torch situation . You could buy a T20 torch from china for £12 or so but here sellers were selling them for £40 . yes some had modified Led or drivers but they did not cost that much extra to change im guessing. these people were possibly buying them for £5 per torch as they bought in bulk .

There was loads of people selling the T20 torch with their name on it . It was easy money for them .

Lots of people are bringing in the chinese made items with their name on them and saying they have exclusivity of the item when they don't . Look at the Pard 007 night vision add on and one of the Night vision sellers
    Last edited by bighit; 24-04-2019 at 11:29 AM.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Possibly but the other companies would have shelled out for R&D and then others then came along and copied it . Plus the fact they may only make those items where as the chinese company could be making loads of other items in their huge factories with cheap labour .

yes some of the others could be made in china and probably are but they will have other costs that have to be be paid like staff ,buildings,insurance ,business rates and so on.

That all has to be paid for .

I wonder if Robin Hewitt from combro could give an input to this ?

You just have to look at the Torch situation . You could buy a T20 torch from china for £12 or so but here sellers were selling them for £40 . yes some had modified Led or drivers but they did not cost that much extra to change im guessing. these people were possibly buying them for £5 per torch as they bought in bulk .

There was loads of people selling the T20 torch with their name on it . It was easy money for them .

Lots of people are bringing in the chinese made items with their name on them and saying they have exclusivity of the item when they don't . Look at the Pard 007 night vision add on and one of the Night vision sellers
    I'm not knocking combro as it is a great value product, if unsuitable for certain guns - more the £200 chronos consisting of £10 worth of electronics.
    Good deals with these members