Thread: Odd 'spare' washer on FWB601

Odd 'spare' washer on FWB601

Hi,

Does anybody know where a small M3 type black washer would fit in the alloy assembly that slides back and pops up once the leaver has been fully extended?

I've fully service two 601's now and each time I've removed this sliding part, removed the old seal and washed the whole assembly in parts cleaner, I ended up with one small black washer from this assembly in the wash pot. All I can assume is it lives under the transfer port seal to add thickness?

Both guns I've serviced perform 100% perfectly after the service with out this washed fitted back on the gun, and are very consistent over the chrono. So I can't see that the washer is particularly needed? I have tried putting it under the transfer port seal in the past, but it makes the seal way too tight, so it can't live there I assume!

I just want to say the guns are working perfectly, so I've not left any guns in a dangerous state, but it is a bit of a mystery to me.

Thanks for any pointers.

Maybe I could ask the question in a slightly different way?

Should there be a washer under the transfer post seal, (the seal that is on the underside of the sliding alloy block)?
    The parts diagrams I have seen for the 601 do not show one.

After another look at the parts diagram again and a clue in a PM I got, it seems there are two 'spacer' washers between the flip up flap and the alloy block to minimise side to side slop. The washers are .5mm thick each, so a pair will stop 1mm of slop and once in place, the side to side is very small and feels much better.

So job done and I can sleep easy knowing they were not super important :-)