Thread: GRS stocks

GRS stocks

Anyone use these and thoughts on them (or alternatives) please. I'm looking to restock a Tikka T3

I have a T3 Supervarmint in a GRS hybrid (I think).

Depends what younwant tonuse it for.

I use mine for the range for whiach itnis very good gut I also hunt ... admittedly from a seat or tower....at which it is also excellent.

The rig isnt a good all.day hunter... you will notice this gun for sure

The adjustable butt and cheek peolice is excellent but on my rifle...there are no scales so if you want to repeat a.setting for bench or prone.or whatever...there is nothing to help you. I was thinking of makingnsome block.keys for the butt and the cheek sonyou raise it ... insert the block and drop the pad down to it. Have not got round to.doing this.

The other thing I am.nit keen on is the press of the adjustment button can be very stiff and its two handed. Also... when you push... if you pull it out too much... the tods come out. If you release predlssure.... the button will come out as there is no captive elelme t to it.

This is an older stock.so.maybe these hve been addressed....

However....if you want a heavy weight lam stock then GRS are excellent. And I highly recommend them personally.

They have now got composites too which seem to be lighter but that was a very quick.pick up at the show. I will have more of a play today..
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thanks for the response; it'll be primarily for walking foxing where weight is going to be major factor so the laminates would appear to be too heavy and can now probably be excluded from my search. Considering a Bifrost or Berzerk or any other recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyarman View Post
    Thanks for the response; it'll be primarily for walking foxing where weight is going to be major factor so the laminates would appear to be too heavy and can now probably be excluded from my search. Considering a Bifrost or Berzerk or any other recommendations.
    One for sale on here . you wont have access yet so i will post the ad here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Stock-Tikka-T3

GRS Berzerk stock for Tikka T3.
    Great condition. I'd post pics, but it looks brand new to me so not much point. £250 + postage.

Advertised elsewhere.

Elliot that is selling it is one of the good guys on here .

Thanks for this - much appreciated. Could you possibly let Elliot know that I'm interested as I can't open the link to reply. Many thanks for your help!

If buying new they're so expensive Id suggest contacting Gary Cane and getting a custom made stock to your specification.

I've handled a few GRS stocks but I cant quite see why they're so expensive. £400 maybe, but at £600 new you can get a nice custom stock for about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    If buying new they're so expensive Id suggest contacting Gary Cane and getting a custom made stock to your specification.

I've handled a few GRS stocks but I cant quite see why they're so expensive. £400 maybe, but at £600 new you can get a nice custom stock for about the same.
    What waiting time are you looking at for a.cane
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thanks for this - much appreciated. Could you possibly let Elliot know that I'm interested as I can't open the link to reply. Many thanks for your help!
    Hi . I had a PM from Elliot this morning saying he was going to message you .
    Paul

Thanks Paul - you're a star!

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    What waiting time are you looking at for a.cane
    Mine was 4 months i think, but since i had a functional stock it didn't bother me.
    Plus, it was completely worth the wait.

I had a GRS on an AA and sild it after very little use. The pistil grip is excellent but from there it goes down hill. Eye and head allignment are dreadful, the butt and cheak piece quick release are sloppy and give movement.
    The fit on various powder burners may be different, but for an AA its a thumbs down from me.

Thanks Paul - you're a star!
    No worries. Glad to be of assistance.