Thread: Confessioms of a fettler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    will let you off for the first one
    but not the second.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    will let you off for the first one
    but not the second.
    Pah it could have been worse I once went to look at a used rifle and the scope that was fitted had no turret internals under the cap never ever seen that before and I’ve never walked away so quickly from a used rifle

I have this inbuild habit now any used scope I buy in the flesh on it’s own or with a rifle I always remove both caps to check always makes me laugh remembering that scope.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Pah it could have been worse I once went to look at a used rifle and the scope that was fitted had no turret internals under the cap never ever seen that before and I’ve never walked away so quickly from a used rifle

I have this inbuild habit now any used scope I buy in the flesh on it’s own or with a rifle I always remove both caps to check always makes me laugh remembering that scope.
    blooody hell.how did you get on zeroing

blooody hell.how did you get on zeroing
    That’s why I ran a mile if the scope fitted to the rifle had no turret then it didn’t give me much confidence in the rifle

The chap selling it said it Shot Pellet on Pellet even though I pointed out to him how on earth did he get the scope to zero with a missing bloody turret!!

I made a quick excuse and ran like the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    That’s why I ran a mile if the scope fitted to the rifle had no turret then it didn’t give me much confidence in the rifle

The chap selling it said it Shot Pellet on Pellet even though I pointed out to him how on earth did he get the scope to zero with a missing bloody turret!!

I made a quick excuse and ran like the wind....
    ffs.

ffs.

On another note not so much a confession of a fettler but I know another member on this very forum who surely falls into the careless things you’ve done category 🤔

This chap effectively known as the ‘Mirror Hunter’ whilst out on a permission shooting from a vehicle gave himself 7 years bad luck by yes you’ve guessed it shooting his own wing mirror

ok ok
    i have a pic of me shooting out a whole door glass panel in our consvertory