Thread: Lgv spring swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks guys

Right, it's now running tx spring, about 37mm pre load with 3mm port. Feels nice but not scoped it up yet. It's really nice with a mod on, very quiet. I think if I like the tune and stick with it, I will get custom guides as it rings a tiny bit even with a piston sleeve (guide is quite loose in the spring).

Running at 11.3ftlb, 15.89gr. .22 . When I dropped the preload a bit it hit 10.7 and did feel a smidge nicer. Might run it at that as power isn't everything.

I'll let you know how it goes...looking forward to trying it!

Be sure to test it with some of the lighter pellets - RWS Hobby, JSB Jumbo RS / Falcon Accuracy Plus. There's more than a fair chance that, if you're running close to 11ft.lbs with the heavier pellets, the output may be uncomfortably close with the lighter ones. If it is this would, of course, offer scope to further de-tune and enhance the firing cycle further.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Cheers, I'm getting there slowly with the project. It should be great when complete.

What's the consensus on trigger sear grease these days? Grease, oil or nothing? What would you recommend. The Sears are nice and smooth and shiny so I don't think they require polishing any further.

Degrease, let dry, oil with light machine oil, Express or similar, allow excess to drain off would be my preference.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!