Thread: Hw100 tuning titanium tube and reg

Hw100 tuning titanium tube and reg

I’m looking to buy the above. Has anyone had any experience with this? Was it worth the upgrade, and what shot count was you getting

I bought the XL version with the ends, regulator and pre-chamber conversion for my 30 joule, .177 HW100 long version last year. The conversion went very well following the instruction which you can find at their website.

The regulator pressure is set at 125 bar and the hammer is adjusted for a pellet speed of 950 ft/s using the H&N Baracuda Match. Shot count is 8+ magazines with a 250 bar fill down to 125 bar.

I have it now for about 5 months and haven't experienced any problem at all, adjusting the regulator is very easy but then you need a precise gauge for that. I bought mine from Best Fittings but you can also buy it from HW100tuning. I have shot about 8 cans of pellets sinds the conversion, checked the regulator pressure twice during the 5 months period and the pressure stays at 125 bar. I do fill it with a good dry breathing air using composite tanks, filled at a professional station.

The HW100 long version was supplied with a rifle size cylinder which is 9 cm shorter than the XL version. I guess using the same titanium cylinder length, I will get around 6+ magazines on 250 bar fill. HW100tuning claims that you can get at least 100% more shot count. I can confirm that as with the original cylinder my shot count was 3+ magazines, for a 200bar fill down to 120bar.

I am happy with the HW100tuning complete cylinder package and can recommend it, very good and well thought product package. The only suggestion I could give to HW100tuning is to have the anodizing on the aluminum parts as good as the Weihrauch's.

I would get a small maybe carbon bottle and a cheap Chinese compressor instead. If you want shotcount/independence why don’t you get it properly.
    If you consider the costs, you can probably get them for around £150 each, which is still less than the full Monty package
    Last edited by krisko; 19-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.