Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hw95

Hw95

A friend has a neglected hw95 that’s pushing around 8ftlbs so he asked me if I could sort it ! Would a good strip and de/re grease and replace spring and piston crown do the business ? And also has any thing changed on the internals from when first produced as I believe it to be an oldish one ,that I would have to check ? Thanks Mike.

I'd give it a strip, clean, relube and, new piston and breech seals then, see where that gets me.

Good luck with it

All of the above.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    As mentioned replace the piston seal, breech seal and get a nice quality new spring, be great if you could update your thread when you have finished.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    As mentioned replace the piston seal, breech seal and get a nice quality new spring, be great if you could update your thread when you have finished.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Thanks for the reply’s are the genuine weihrauch spares the best bet ? Mike

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    What pellet is being used for the chrono reading?
    Master Debater

Will try several and see what it prefers .

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    For the 8ftlb reading I meant.
    Master Debater

Aa field .22 . Are the springs the same in hw95 and hw95k ? Cheers

As far as I am aware the springs should be the same, will be of differing lengths for the calibers.
    Stick with the genuine parts, and get some well fitted guides in there. Check for any binding between the piston and cocking shoe, its not usually a problem on the 95, but can be on the earlier HW80.

Yep, as above, new spring, piston seal and breech seal.

As for the spring, if you can make your own guide and top hat, great, the standard HW fitment will be fine.

If not:-

A spring and guide kit from V-Mach or Tinbum will ensure that extra refinement from those correctly fitting parts. The SFS HW95 springs are also excellent and made to fit the standard HW guide. And then get a top hat made up - Tinbum, Knibbs and Chambers will all do a top hat.

Whilst apart, give the cylinder a good check over for any sharp edges and de-burr if required. A sensible re-lube with moly grease to follow. Also whilst apart I'd be de-gunking the trigger unit and relube it with light oil, letting any excess drain away prior to refitting.

When power testing, be sure to use some of the lighter pellets - RWS Hobby and the JSB Jumbo RS / Falcon Accuracy Plus as one of these will usually yield the highest muzzle energy figures.

Have fun and be sure to report back.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for the advice ,will let you know how it goes .Mike

Can check my scribbles for spring details for the last couple of strip/rebuilds if it's of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Can check my scribbles for spring details for the last couple of strip/rebuilds if it's of interest.
    Will do thanks.

I found my 95 in .20 calibre had a better shot cycle when I opened up the transfer port. Was able to reduce the spring preload to get a smooth 11.2 ft lb.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

HW95 4.5 calibre about 2005 date 246 mm x 19 x 3 wire x 32 coils x 30 lb/inch rate adequate energy with top hat. 26 mm pre load

HW95 5.5 calibre 1995-98 date 263 mm x 21 x 3 Sq. wire x 35 coils x 26/28 lb/inch rate 45 mm pre load Excessive energy, report, recoil
    HW spring fitted 238 mm x 20.5 x 3 wire x 28.5 coils 36 lb/inch rate Pre load 18 mm Adequate energy.

HW95 4.5 calibre 2016 date 235 mm x 20 x 3 wire x 29 coils x 34 lb/inch rate. Pre load 15 mm Adequate energy.