Thread: Hw95

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can check my scribbles for spring details for the last couple of strip/rebuilds if it's of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Can check my scribbles for spring details for the last couple of strip/rebuilds if it's of interest.
    Will do thanks.

I found my 95 in .20 calibre had a better shot cycle when I opened up the transfer port. Was able to reduce the spring preload to get a smooth 11.2 ft lb.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

HW95 4.5 calibre about 2005 date 246 mm x 19 x 3 wire x 32 coils x 30 lb/inch rate adequate energy with top hat. 26 mm pre load

HW95 5.5 calibre 1995-98 date 263 mm x 21 x 3 Sq. wire x 35 coils x 26/28 lb/inch rate 45 mm pre load Excessive energy, report, recoil
    HW spring fitted 238 mm x 20.5 x 3 wire x 28.5 coils 36 lb/inch rate Pre load 18 mm Adequate energy.

HW95 4.5 calibre 2016 date 235 mm x 20 x 3 wire x 29 coils x 34 lb/inch rate. Pre load 15 mm Adequate energy.

Well I’ve stripped the gun and found the spring in 4 pieces with the end 3inches in 3 parts . The piston crown is scored and slightly ripped so will be replacing both and will get a breach o ring as well . Are the springs for 95 and 95k the same ? All info greatfully recieved.Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Well I’ve stripped the gun and found the spring in 4 pieces with the end 3inches in 3 parts . The piston crown is scored and slightly ripped so will be replacing both and will get a breach o ring as well . Are the springs for 95 and 95k the same ? All info greatfully recieved.Mike
    Yes they are. Presumably you meant to say 'breech seal' rather than breech O ring? I suspect that whilst it is a good idea to replace all of the components you mention, the broken spring is the main culprit!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Yes they are. Presumably you meant to say 'breech seal' rather than breech O ring? I suspect that whilst it is a good idea to replace all of the components you mention, the broken spring is the main culprit!
    Ok thanks for that ,I see on the bay you can get a genuine weihrauch spring,breech seal,piston crown and some grease for £40.00 which seems good ! But doesn’t seem to be a choice for calibre ! So must be same spring for .177 and .22 ? Can you tell me if this is so ? Cheers Mike.