Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hw95

Well I’ve stripped the gun and found the spring in 4 pieces with the end 3inches in 3 parts . The piston crown is scored and slightly ripped so will be replacing both and will get a breach o ring as well . Are the springs for 95 and 95k the same ? All info greatfully recieved.Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Well I’ve stripped the gun and found the spring in 4 pieces with the end 3inches in 3 parts . The piston crown is scored and slightly ripped so will be replacing both and will get a breach o ring as well . Are the springs for 95 and 95k the same ? All info greatfully recieved.Mike
    Yes they are. Presumably you meant to say 'breech seal' rather than breech O ring? I suspect that whilst it is a good idea to replace all of the components you mention, the broken spring is the main culprit!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Yes they are. Presumably you meant to say 'breech seal' rather than breech O ring? I suspect that whilst it is a good idea to replace all of the components you mention, the broken spring is the main culprit!
    Ok thanks for that ,I see on the bay you can get a genuine weihrauch spring,breech seal,piston crown and some grease for £40.00 which seems good ! But doesn’t seem to be a choice for calibre ! So must be same spring for .177 and .22 ? Can you tell me if this is so ? Cheers Mike.

Ok thanks for that ,I see on the bay you can get a genuine weihrauch spring,breech seal,piston crown and some grease for £40.00 which seems good ! But doesn’t seem to be a choice for calibre ! So must be same spring for .177 and .22 ? Can you tell me if this is so ? Cheers Mike.
    A .177 spring will certainly take a .22 over the limit - unless it was designed as part of a drop in kit with different sized top hats for different Calibre's - as I believe SFS do.

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    A .177 spring will certainly take a .22 over the limit - unless it was designed as part of a drop in kit with different sized top hats for different Calibre's - as I believe SFS do.

Cheers Steve
    Good information there re the SFS kit.

V-Mach kits are also calibre specific.

If you just purchase a mainspring it will, most likely, not be calibre specific and may need trimming subject to what spring it is and power output. Checking power will be a must anyway.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Bear with me chaps ?

Should be getting the replacement parts for my mates neglected 95 today ,so could someone please tell me if when sliding the piston back in ,which recess needs to lign up with the cocking lever shoe as it has two on the piston outer ? One smaller recess at bottom of piston and on the other side one almost full length of piston !you can see the piston liner through these! Should the cocking shoe locate with any of these on assembly ? Hope you understand what I am rambling on about !Cheers Mike.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Should be getting the replacement parts for my mates neglected 95 today ,so could someone please tell me if when sliding the piston back in ,which recess needs to lign up with the cocking lever shoe as it has two on the piston outer ? One smaller recess at bottom of piston and on the other side one almost full length of piston !you can see the piston liner through these! Should the cocking shoe locate with any of these on assembly ? Hope you understand what I am rambling on about !Cheers Mike.
    Someones been buggering around in there then. The one that matches the width of the slot in the main body of the gun is the one you want
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Someones been buggering around in there then. The one that matches the width of the slot in the main body of the gun is the one you want
    Thanks timbum,someone has certainly been inside before ,so the cocking shoe slides along the larger recess, almost rubbing along the liner when being cocked ?

Thanks timbum,someone has certainly been inside before ,so the cocking shoe slides along the larger recess, almost rubbing along the liner when being cocked ?
    That's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Someones been buggering around in there then.
    I don't think that's the case, Nick.

Weihrauch used up their stock of the old school 85 Pistons in the early 95s, these had the cutout in the top rear to clear the 85's scope rail.

So if nuggs's piston has a cutout in the rear that goes uppermost and the cocking shoe fits in the long slot.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Weihrauch used up their stock of the old school 85 Pistons in the early 95s, these had the cutout in the top rear to clear the 85's scope rail.

So if nuggs's piston has a cutout in the rear that goes uppermost and the cocking shoe fits in the long slot.
    Ooh! You live and learn

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Thanks,as long as I line the shoe up with the long slot I should be ok then ?

Thanks,as long as I line the shoe up with the long slot I should be ok then ?
    Yes nuggs's.

The old type cocking shoe drops into the slot in the piston through the oval section of the cylinder cocking slot and it rides in the piston slot.

The new type cocking shoe half drops into the piston through the oval hole, the other half sits outside the cylinder and the shoe has tracks in either side of it to run on the cylinder rather than the piston.

Yes as Mick stated, the first 95's had the 85 piston fitted, this was just to use up stock, they also came with open sights, I have an early 95 Venom lazerglide in this configuration, atb Daz

All finished

Well I stripped and cleaned my mates hw95 and like I said previously the spring was in 4 bits and gunk everywhere .He just wanted it back with minimum outlay ! So I ordered a genuine weihrauch spring a new piston crown as his was frayed around the edges and had a split ! and a new breech seal . I am pleased to say it went back together a lot easier than I thought and have just chronoed it with jsp jumbo express 14.35 and the first 5 pellets were 604fps 606fps 600fps 600fps 598fps ,so around 11.5ftlbs which I couldn’t believe ,so I was well chuffed Will put the scope back on tomorrow and see what the accuracy is like ,I think my mate is going to be happy .Should the power drop or rise as it beds in , or could it remain where it is ? Thanks for the advice .One happy chappie . .