Thread: HW30K Custom - Finally Finished!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW30K Custom - Finally Finished!

It's taken some time, but my customised HW30K is finished. I know one or two members are interested, so a summary and a few photos follow.

The base gun is a HW30K, the new model with 1/2" UNF threaded barrel instead of old style grub screw. Muzzle weight removed and Deben Whisper 180 silencer fitted. Rowan Engineering black anodised extra setback trigger and trigger guard. Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 AO scope, sunshade, caps and Sportsmatch Dampa mount. Finally, the most prominent part, the stock...…

There are very few custom stock options for the HW30, so I ordered mine from Guntuning in Poland, as I like their hunter stock option. Cost is 290 Euro for walnut, 250 Euro for beech and I opted for walnut. I believe I ordered late November and it arrived about a week ago, so no rush! It came fitted with a Bisley adjustable buttplate, but I didn't like that, so removed it and fitted a Wegu solid rubber pad. Also, the wood finish was rather rustic, so I sanded and oiled for a more refined finish. It's a striking piece of wood, with contrasting grains and colours.

I love the style of the rifle, it's a pleasure to shoot and is pinpoint accurate. This project was an itch I had to scratch, but I'm not certain whether it's a keeper, we'll see!

Anyway, enjoy the eye candy....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Very nice mate, they are a very underrated rifle the hw30. I love mine, always fancied a custom stock for it i may have to check these polish stocks out

Wow! Like that a lot.
    Must get on and buy myself a 30, been thinking about one for ages.

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Nice job, good bit of timber. Enjoy it.

Sweet. Ideally, I’d prefer darker timber, but very nice.

Never come across those Poles before. Interesting. Not least the Kar98K copy for the Diana sidelevers.

Lovely gun. Wonder if they do a stock for the HW77. Lovely work