It's taken some time, but my customised HW30K is finished. I know one or two members are interested, so a summary and a few photos follow.

The base gun is a HW30K, the new model with 1/2" UNF threaded barrel instead of old style grub screw. Muzzle weight removed and Deben Whisper 180 silencer fitted. Rowan Engineering black anodised extra setback trigger and trigger guard. Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 AO scope, sunshade, caps and Sportsmatch Dampa mount. Finally, the most prominent part, the stock...…

There are very few custom stock options for the HW30, so I ordered mine from Guntuning in Poland, as I like their hunter stock option. Cost is 290 Euro for walnut, 250 Euro for beech and I opted for walnut. I believe I ordered late November and it arrived about a week ago, so no rush! It came fitted with a Bisley adjustable buttplate, but I didn't like that, so removed it and fitted a Wegu solid rubber pad. Also, the wood finish was rather rustic, so I sanded and oiled for a more refined finish. It's a striking piece of wood, with contrasting grains and colours.

I love the style of the rifle, it's a pleasure to shoot and is pinpoint accurate. This project was an itch I had to scratch, but I'm not certain whether it's a keeper, we'll see!

Anyway, enjoy the eye candy....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]