Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back today from Dr Ingvar Alm Auction with the Tell 3 of my dreams

Back today from Dr Ingvar Alm Auction with the Tell 3 of my dreams

A multi part auction is being held of the collection of Dr Ingvar Alm, one of the premier collectors in the US. Never held so many rare airguns in my life. Some I’m sure I will never see again. It was like going to museum but you could touch the exhibits. Unfortunately, for the amateur collector, RIAC is the premier gun auction house in the US and the lots contained multiple airguns. I purchased 7 airguns in this lot, containing 2 Tell 3’s. Will probably be selling many of the other guns including one of the Tell 3’s. Icing on the cake was in the auction pic you could see one Tell 3 box but it was not available for inspection. When I got back I open the boxes and found a cleaning brush and two cans of original “Tell” pellets. Never even knew these existed. Cool.

Link to pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/iBIDvwg
    Last edited by 45flint; 17-02-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Great example and a nice bonus with the pellets. This one was originally sold in Sweden per the instruction sheet lingo; may well have come via Matts Hammer back when he sold off many of his collectibles.

Don R.

As a bit of a vintage pistol collector I have to say a nice Tell 3 would be top of my wish list,
    but I doubt I could ever afford one for the prices they fetch in the UK.

You couldn’t hope for a better example than that, fantastic!

And those pellets tins are lovely 😊

Well done.

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Great example and a nice bonus with the pellets. This one was originally sold in Sweden per the instruction sheet lingo; may well have come via Matts Hammer back when he sold off many of his collectibles.

Don R.
    Thanks Don wondered why the addition instructions, makes sense now. Were they ever in English?

It is lovely. If I understand correctly you had to buy it with 6 other air weapons to get your hands on it. I would love to know what the others are.
    Cheers Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    A multi part auction is being held of the collection of Dr Ingvar Alm, one of the premier collectors in the US. Never held so many rare airguns in my life. Some I’m sure I will never see again. It was like going to museum but you could touch the exhibits. Unfortunately, for the amateur collector, RIAC is the premier gun auction house in the US and the lots contained multiple airguns. I purchased 7 airguns in this lot, containing 2 Tell 3’s. Will probably be selling many of the other guns including one of the Tell 3’s. Icing on the cake was in the auction pic you could see one Tell 3 box but it was not available for inspection. When I got back I open the boxes and found a cleaning brush and two cans of original “Tell” pellets. Never even knew these existed. Cool.

Link to pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/iBIDvwg
    Well done, Steve! Great score! The pellets and Swedish instructions are a nice bonus.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    It is lovely. If I understand correctly you had to buy it with 6 other air weapons to get your hands on it. I would love to know what the others are.
    Cheers Rich.
    Here’s the others.

Very nice,I particularly like the Challenger Plainsman Co2 pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Very nice,I particularly like the Challenger Plainsman Co2 pistols!
    Yes, I need to educate myself on these, seems the two are slightly different, have no idea if people collect different variations? I got to assume it they made it into his collection they are probably good examples?

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    What a great lot those 7 air pistols. over here they would have been each sold on their own. the Scout looks to be in great condition as well. and to get 2 different sizes of Tell pellets in the box is a real bonus.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    what a hardship.. you had to buy all 7... I feel for you
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Really nice Steve, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post

Don R.
    Don curious as to approximate date when he was selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    what a hardship.. you had to buy all 7... I feel for you
    At first I was ticked off that the auction house made such large lots but in the end it was to my advantage. I think I got a better price per pistol. You just have to realize your buying your yearly allotment for collectibles with one raised hand.

Nice buy Steve. Looks like that Tell 3 in it's original box with accessories was the icing on that cake.