Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luger air pistol?

Luger air pistol?

I got back home from Germany last night, whilst there, I saw this in a sports shop.
    It was 285 euros and the label said that it was powered by Co2.
    I tried to ask the shop assistant about it with little sucess, other than UMAREX was mentioned.
    I have fired a 9mm P08 in the seventies and this one looked identical, if not a little larger.
    The quality is as the original firearm.

I have looked at Mr Hillers book and it does mention a Luger but that was a springer.

Has anyone any knowledge of this pistol.

Sorry about the bad photo.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Gosh that IS a bit of a find. Are you sure it is an airpistol and not an airsoft? It looks like a real one! I am suprised that Umarex have not marketted a Luger CO2 airpistol in the UK as it is such an iconic pistol. I would also like to see the Mauser 1896 automatic pistol as an Umarex clone.

Only the Schimel CO2 was a Luger-type pistol and it did not look authentic like that one.

I fired 50 rounds through a Luger Artillery in the 1980s, nice pointable pistol but the trigger pull was awful, like using a upholstery staple-gun. Quite accurate though, with the long barrel and sight base. 9mm is a high-intensity round and I was suprised at how high it kicked, takes a little time to get back on target. Hollywood is SUCH a liar.

Luger

Mike,there are Luger blank firing pistols around-these replicas could be handled by Umarex in Germany??

It could possibly be airsoft, however it was obviously blued steel because it had a scratch on the barrel, the grips were made from wood.

We used to shoot Practical Pistol competitions and a friend had a P08 (that fired beautifully with a good trigger).
    I had a Walther P38 9mm parabellum with a crossdraw holster, a bit of a rattler but accurate enough for its intended purpose... OHHHHHHHHHHHH Memories

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;2782241] ! I am suprised that Umarex have not marketted a Luger CO2 airpistol in the UK as it is such an iconic pistol. I would also like to see the Mauser 1896 automatic pistol as an Umarex clone.

I wish Umerex would bring these out as well as they are two of my favourite pistols (as they are with a lot of people) preferably with the shoulder stock holsters
    Dave

There is a new ish airsoft full metal Luger on the market .

I have one on order from Landwarrior .

Pics below .

But the one above looks like real steel to me . I would love to know more about it .

Carl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " This , is MY safety "

Whereabouts in Germany was the store?. A collector friend of mine is travelling to Germany this month and I know he is going to trawl the gunstore to see what he can find. He has offrered to send me anything I ask for as long as its legal.

It was in Berncastle on the Mossel river, it is about 70km from Luxebbourg and about 160km from Frankfurt.
    The shop sells knives and a few guns, it is very close to the bridge over the Mossel.

I can try to get a better location if needed.

Mike

Would be appreciated. I want him to source me a few things and that pistol looks nice. Here or via email is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    I got back home from Germany last night, whilst there, I saw this in a sports shop.
    It was 285 euros and the label said that it was powered by Co2.
    I tried to ask the shop assistant about it with little sucess, other than UMAREX was mentioned.
    I have fired a 9mm P08 in the seventies and this one looked identical, if not a little larger.
    The quality is as the original firearm.

I have looked at Mr Hillers book and it does mention a Luger but that was a springer.

Has anyone any knowledge of this pistol.

Sorry about the bad photo.

Mike
    i actually handled the one dennis hiller had friggin hell that was thirty years ago i think someone had made that one themselves. it was beautifully made and would have cost a fortune

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Just to take this thread in places were perhaps it's not necessary-

Yesterday I was at a monthly club meeting of our air, airsoft and skeet (shotguns) club
    - yes really-we shoot them all. One of the members produced an all metal airsoft Luger. OHMIGOSH !! It was well made, stripped EXACTLY like the original and shot like the original (i.e. the toggle action worked like the original). It even had a last round hold-open on the toggle action. I want one-want one- want one- want one.

Yours for £80 !!

find a friend with the ukasa 'licence' (UK airsoft skirmishing association {I think) and get him/her to order one. Where from? E-mail me as below and I'll tell you.

happy shooting

Tony
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hi Mike

know if you saw my previous post but I did menton about the WE airsoft Luger .

They are full metal with working blowback and authentic toggle action as per a real Luger .

However they do not resemble the one in your original picture at the top - neither do they use C02 as a propellant .

The Luger in the top pic has original ( looking ) wooden grips and appears to be blued steel - unlike the airsoft version . Its a mystery alright ?

The only other Lugers which look like that are blank firers made by Scalemead and one or two other manufacturers ( mostly German ) and very scarce nowadays - not to mention illegal in UK since VCR.

carl
    " This , is MY safety "

There was an American made Co2-powered Luger lookalike made by a firm called "American Luger", they ceased trading after legal threats by the real Luger firm. Could this be one of those? Perhaps taken to Germany by an American serviceman?

The schimel ??

Well made but not a realistic replica imo

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "