Thread: First post! Early Webley Senior replacement sear?

First post! Early Webley Senior replacement sear?

Hi All - I have just caught the virus so am adapting as best I can
    Spotted a minty Senior that I am stalking with a view to plinking and possibly giving away - but my research tells me that the early sear (Part SR137) that I suspect it uses is not available at the places I've come across. Is this the case or am I deluded - should these old pistols not be used or worn out as the parts are scarce? I had been under the impression that they were plentiful. Would the new sear type fit the gun - John Knibbs has the newer type in stock that cryptically requires hardening after fitting. Did youngsters in the 50's have metallurgy skills so far beyond my ability to open a bean can as long as it has a ring-pull?
    So many questions! I haven't even bought the pistol yet, so I'm probably doing too much research. I always wanted one as a kid, and have settled on a curly triggered Senior as my goal. There are too many Premier iterations for my flighty mind to settle on one, and the deep blue of the one I've found is haunting my dreams.
    Thanks for all the great threads from the past - I've read most of them!

Hi. You don't say why you want to replace the sear? Does the Senior not cock?
    I've 7 Seniors,2 wouldn't cock at first but it wasn't a sear problem. And the later sear will fit the early ones.
    and welcome to the site....

Thanks - I was just curious if the parts are still available before investing in a pistol - great to know that the new sear fits. I'm guessing the original still has a good few thousand shots in it. Hope so anyway! I was also curious about the stipulation that the replacement sear would require hardening after fitting - that seemed odd... To me that suggested some kind of heat/quench treatment but that seems unlikely.