Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Jeffries Scout Pistol?

Lincoln Jeffries Scout Pistol?

This old timer was in my auction lot of seven pistols yesterday. Don’t know much about it? Rarity, Values. From my book 1922-26? I don’t even know how to load it? Assume you English collectors would know. My wife thinks it’s the cutest one in the lot lol.

What price would these pistols bring in the UK?

They are very rare here. Also any Lincoln Jeffries Air Pistol is well sought after by collectors. I would expect prices could vary from 300 to 500. Maybe more at auction depending who wants it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    They are very rare here. Also any Lincoln Jeffries Air Pistol is well sought after by collectors. I would expect prices could vary from 300 to 500. Maybe more at auction depending who wants it badly.
    That surprises me it just happened to be in a lot of pistols I bought at an auction. If it’s rare in the UK must be a really rare find in the US? Just isn’t in my collecting wheelhouse will be selling it for sure. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Ouch! £500+ for a pop-out pistol.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

When was the last time you saw one Danny? If you find one with a box, it's not going to be cheap.

That Rock Island Auction was exceptional. Some bargain top class air pistol were sold indeed, certainly by UK standards. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    That surprises me it just happened to be in a lot of pistols I bought at an auction. If it’s rare in the UK must be a really rare find in the US? Just isn’t in my collecting wheelhouse will be selling it for sure. Thanks.

I would suggest you keep it they are so rare you may never see one again!They are not to my taste either,but if I chanced upon one as part of a job lot,(fat chance)I would definitely hang on to it!

Think long and hard before selling it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I would suggest you keep it they are so rare you may never see one again!They are not to my taste either,but if I chanced upon one as part of a job lot,(fat chance)I would definitely hang on to it!

Think long and hard before selling it!
    I hear you but if you have an object of rarity and value that you don’t really appreciate, isn’t it better going to someone who will treasure it? And that sale can reduce the cost of the Tell 3’s which I do treasure. Seems everyone wins?

I hear you but if you have an object of rarity and value that you don’t really appreciate, isn’t it better going to someone who will treasure it? And that sale can reduce the cost of the Tell 3’s which I do treasure. Seems everyone wins?

Fair point!

Someone asked yesterday if it fired, so I thought to myself here’s a lot of money that could go bust in one stroke! I have never fired this type of pistol before. Pushed it down and it cocked and fired a pellet. I guess I shouldn’t have doubted Mr. Jeffries. Lol. Kind of reminds me of a poor mans Tell 2? Only Airgun my wife has argued to keep, the cute factor.

Last edited by 45flint; 07-03-2019 at 03:59 PM.

It is 'cute' and for me probably the most attractive of its type.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l totaly agree with you. why keep something that you don't realy like. and what a bonus price wise. as you say sell it to off set your original outlay.

Pity we are seperated by an ocean-I'd trade a warrior for it.....

Tradin'Trev