Thread: unusual early german air rifle

unusual early german air rifle

i have the option to buy an air rifle but i have no idea of what it is ot looks a bit like a transitional Gem if there is any such thing it has a v shaped cocking lever between the barrel and the cylinder with a barrel locking mechanism under the barrel chaber hence the v shape i still dont know how to post a pic on here please help so as i can sort this out as i have never seen anything like it, its like an improved model d at the rear? also on the barrel it says deluxe millitia which is stamped i fsomeone can upload the pics ill send them to you

Quote Originally Posted by mrvbull View Post
    i have the option to buy an air rifle but i have no idea of what it is ot looks a bit like a transitional Gem if there is any such thing it has a v shaped cocking lever between the barrel and the cylinder with a barrel locking mechanism under the barrel chaber hence the v shape i still dont know how to post a pic on here please help so as i can sort this out as i have never seen anything like it, its like an improved model d at the rear? also on the barrel it says deluxe millitia which is stamped i fsomeone can upload the pics ill send them to you
    Have PM'd you, email pics and I will put them on.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

You have a Millita style rifle with a replaced cocking arm. Originally the little lever that you see below the compression cylinder would have gone through a slot in the straight cocking lever. This slot was a weakness in the design, and a lot of levers bent or broke as a result. Your lever has been changed and to get around the protruding lever, they have gone for a bent lever. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Lakey

It is a FLZ Original V and it should look like this:

=======================
    Frank

I would make a replacement straight cocking lever reinforced around the slot.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by mrvbull View Post
    My advice: avoid it!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I like it. With an even larger "V" you wouldn't need a sling.