Thread: Connect 24 or 32?

Connect 24 or 32?

Hello,

I had a connect x24 scope up to a couple of years ago and after battling with parallax error in HFT I'm wanting to go back to a connect (second hand).

There seem to be more x32 than x24 around.

I know that the x24 should have a greater depth and the x32 a brighter image of field but has anyone out there had both who can compare the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitigator View Post
    Hello,

I had a connect x24 scope up to a couple of years ago and after battling with parallax error in HFT I'm wanting to go back to a connect (second hand).

There seem to be more x32 than x24 around.

I know that the x24 should have a greater depth and the x32 a brighter image of field but has anyone out there had both who can compare the 2?
    not had the x24, but the x32 was amazing, i was hitting a 6mm bell at 50 yards quite regular with a pulsar .22, the feild of view etc is great i wish the eye relife was longer so i could put one on other rifles.
    HW50 Stainless, HW77k SE Forest Laminate.20, HW80 Project .22, HW100 laminate . 177,

I have a pair of the x24 and they're great.
    Apparently the x32 have a slightly wider field of view but the x24s already have a better FoV than significantly larger scopes I own.

32 for me.

I have looked through one or two over the years and the extra light gathering of the 32 makes it the safer bet. In low light, woods etc, the 24 can be too dark

Ive got two 24's & a 32, I shoot a lot of HFT. Depends on how your eyes are & how much dof you want. I'm coming up to retiring age & have been using the 24 ever since they came out, as it give me an increased dof over the 32. Ive never had to use the IR in a comp or found the image too dark. I still use the 32 for hunting but can adjust the focus when needed.Worst thing about the pair of them is lack of diopter adjustment & glass quality can be hit & miss.

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    Ive got two 24's & a 32, I shoot a lot of HFT. Depends on how your eyes are & how much dof you want. I'm coming up to retiring age & have been using the 24 ever since they came out, as it give me an increased dof over the 32. Ive never had to use the IR in a comp or found the image too dark. I still use the 32 for hunting but can adjust the focus when needed.Worst thing about the pair of them is lack of diopter adjustment & glass quality can be hit & miss.
    Thanks for that - I had a x24 and liked it, I never used the IR either ( only once wished I’d switched it on when shooting a course in a very dark wood )

Think I’ll try to find a clear x24

The reason I switched from it was it wasn’t the clearest - must have been a murky one!

Cheers

Are you doing any of the NEFTA Hunter rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    Are you doing any of the NEFTA Hunter rounds?
    Yep as many as I can ( and the extremes! )