Thread: Any .22 or .25s out there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The market doesn’t exist enough to make it a good idea.

History.

Back in the 50s and 60s, even into the 70s, Crosman pushed .22” across all models, including the Hahn 45 (Colt 1873 replica) and 38C and 38T (S&W 15, 17) and Model 1. Then shifted to .177”.

.20” aftermarket conversions were offered for things like the CP88 in the 90s. They didn’t sell well.

Daisy offered a Beretta 92 lookalike (disguised revolver, like a CP88 etc) briefly from 1999. The 622X. Six shots, .22” and over 4 ft-lbs. I really want one, for obvious reasons. But it didn’t sell and was discontinued.

Basically the pellet replica market wants the cheap pellets of .177”.

BB pistols offer the alleged realism of cycling slides (“blowback”) and vaguely realistic magazines. If you like that. I find it a bit tedious, myself.

So I agree with you. Something like a restyled modern Crosman 600 or a re-introduced (preferably higher quality) Daisy 622X would be awesome. But the vast majority of replica air pistol buyers want either a “realistic” BB gun, or a plinker using the cheapest pellets - which means .177”.

Thanks for the input, I will send some emails to manufacturers lol
    Yes have seen the danisy poweline in .22 it would be nice...

Pcp ap16 is a good one but over a grand! Maybe the Chinese will come up with something useful in near future
    Last edited by krisko; 19-02-2019 at 08:11 PM.